 Trains / 25838 (-10)
  10133 BNSF Mod using BBB wheels

The 10133 BNSF GP-38 Locomotive is a nice engine. (URL) But why uses those stickers for the exhaust fans, when you can use BBB wheels: (URL) This mod uses three BBB 17.6mm flanged train wheels. No other parts are necessary. Webpage at: (URL) Cheers, (...) (19 years ago, 31-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  BBB Train Hand Car v2

With some great input from Dean, Jordan & Mark (Thank you). Version 2 is online: (URL) Aside from the springless minifig legs and BBB wheels, it is LEGO pure. (URL) The pdf instructions have been updated as well. Cheers! Ben Fleskes Big Ben Bricks (...) (19 years ago, 31-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Thick as a brick website

I recently discovered Claudio Vianini's website. (URL) has some nice loco models and the main page features a clever multilayer gif of 12v trains. Worth a look I think Tim (19 years ago, 31-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Reduced versions of BBB wheels

I recently created reduced versions of the BBB train wheels. You can download the LDraw parts files (URL) here> (just copy them to your parts directory and run mklist). Here is an example of how they render, alongside the BBB versions: (URL) (The (...) (19 years ago, 30-Aug-05, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: BBB Train Hand Car - Quarter Bushes

(...) Thanks Dean, The best photo I have of the quarter bushes in use is this one of the LMS Garratt: (URL) bushes are behind the triangular brackets hat hold the middle driving wheels. Ben: I guessed you'd need the liftarm exactly in the middle (...) (19 years ago, 30-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.parts.mod, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Art Deco Miami Hotel

"Jim Garrett" <jsgarrett@twmi.rr.com> wrote in message news:IM0on4.1oGG@lugnet.com... (...) Very nice Jim! I like the graduated stripes at the corners especially, and the way you've dealt with the newer style roadplates. Good use of train windows (...) (19 years ago, 30-Aug-05, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: BBB Train Hand Car

(...) Thanks Dean! I don't know why I didn't try this before. I used a full with bush and in conjunction with 4263 and it works very smooth. I'll update the instructions to use the new configuration. Ben (19 years ago, 30-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BBB Train Hand Car

<snip> (...) Thanks for suggestion. I didn't consider that part. I tried it, but the larger diameter interfered with other parts. Ben In lugnet.trains, Jordan Bradford wrote: (19 years ago, 30-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Panels to offer a 5-wide space in a 6-wide MOC

(...) I did some brief testing last night with this. The Technic motor((URL) does fit into the 1x4x3 and 1x2x3 panels, with possibly a very slight amount of bending. The 1x2x3 panel works better as the 1x4x3 panel has two small strengthening ribs (...) (19 years ago, 30-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Art Deco Miami Hotel

Greetings: Here is my attempt to address a major problem: the near total absence of Art Deco architecture in the Lego townscape. This is a minifig scale version of a typical Miami Art Deco hotel from around 1930. Check out the (URL) MOC pages> for (...) (19 years ago, 30-Aug-05, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, FTX) !

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact