 Trains / 25821
    Re: BBB Train Hand Car —Dean Earley
   (...) At a guess, you need the arm to be central in a 1 stud width of axle. A technique used by someone else (Mark Bellis I think) is to get a half smooth technic bush (4265c) and cut it in half (length ways). This will help keep the bar centred. (19 years ago, 29-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: BBB Train Hand Car —Jordan Bradford
     (...) For some projects I've used the old 14 tooth bevel gear for spacing. As far as I know it's the thinnest TECHNIC piece you can put on an axle. (URL) It's definitely thinner than 4265c. (19 years ago, 29-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

         Re: BBB Train Hand Car —Ben Fleskes
     <snip> (...) Thanks for suggestion. I didn't consider that part. I tried it, but the larger diameter interfered with other parts. Ben In lugnet.trains, Jordan Bradford wrote: (19 years ago, 30-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

        Re: BBB Train Hand Car —Ben Fleskes
   (...) Thanks Dean! I don't know why I didn't try this before. I used a full with bush and in conjunction with 4263 and it works very smooth. I'll update the instructions to use the new configuration. Ben (19 years ago, 30-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: BBB Train Hand Car - Quarter Bushes —Mark Bellis
   (...) Thanks Dean, The best photo I have of the quarter bushes in use is this one of the LMS Garratt: (URL) bushes are behind the triangular brackets hat hold the middle driving wheels. Ben: I guessed you'd need the liftarm exactly in the middle (...) (19 years ago, 30-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.parts.mod, lugnet.loc.uk)