 Trains / 25813 (-10)
  Re: Timber trestle crossing water

(...) I had a look at the google images and was surprised to see any trestles getting wet. I think the trestles are directly buried in the ground on each side of the river, with rock in the ground being the support. I guess the timber wouldn't last (...) (19 years ago, 27-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Intelegent Train: was Re: Lego Train Factory - "preliminary wagon design"

(...) snip Sorry I don't have an Intelligent train, or even a Duplo train. I have just been looking at them wondering if the Play Train would be like them. I think they look great and new designs for 2005. The Intelligent train looked exciting but (...) (19 years ago, 27-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains)

  LF Yard Tower

Took a crack at this, converted my yard tower design (as found in the Virtual LEGO book) as closely as I could (within reason, I switched to medium slope roof bricks since low slopes in a well rounded assortment in any earth tone are rare in that (...) (19 years ago, 27-Aug-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.cad, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains)

  Timber trestle crossing water

Prototype question: When a timber trestle bridge crosses water, is it usual to have the timber bents permanently submerged? Or is it usual to have stone or concrete piers supporting the trestle bents? I've tried google, but can't find a clear (...) (19 years ago, 27-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: And that's kicking your Class [50]...

(...) You disappoint me Samarth. Jason didn't mean "kick everyone else's MOCs"! The idea was to kick some @$$ with a great MOC, which he has done. There isn't really a comparison with other MOCs of any scale. I agree about the well executed (...) (19 years ago, 26-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Ability of newer 9V motors

(...) There is a much easier way - you poke an antenna or minifig round-end baton into the polarity switch, then the elastic band can go over the top of the switch, not underneath. Jason Railton (19 years ago, 26-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: And that's kicking your Class [50]...

Jason I absolutly love it! I like how you integraded all those features into such a small locamotive. Great Job, hope you step into the stinky deisle realm again. -FLIP- (19 years ago, 26-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Ability of newer 9V motors

(...) Does that rubber band pull the switch to the off position? If so, that's pretty clever. I just put my polarity switches directly onto the train transformer on that section to the left of the dial. (19 years ago, 26-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: And that's kicking your Class [50]...

(...) I'm glad you like it. It makes it very heavy though, so it really needs both motors. Originally it just had one, but it didn't move very fast. It also made the power pick up from the back of the front motor extremely complicated. That's much (...) (19 years ago, 26-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: And that's kicking your Class [50]...

GEH?!? Bloody Sweet. -Stefan- (19 years ago, 26-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact