 Trains / 25802
Re: And that's kicking your Class [50]...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 25 Aug 2005 23:09:19 GMT

Jason J Railton wrote:
I've finally ventured into the realm of smelly diesels, so here's my attempt at
a non-steam locomotive.  It's a BR Class 50.

<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=142689
<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jjrailton/trains/engines/BR-Class-50/thumb/000.jpg_thumb.jpg
BR Class 50>>¬ Click for <http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=142689
gallery>, when moderated.

Very nice, Congrats :)

Next up, if you look at the roof detail you'll see a fan under the grille.
There's an old-style 9V technic motor in the roof too, so that fan actually
spins as it goes along.  It even makes a convincing rumbly noise as it goes.
The cut-out roof at the rear is from an older incarnation of the Class 50, but I
like it so it stays.

I do like the grill in the roof. Finally a use for the fences :)

Finally - and this is the best bit - the rear bogey has a sliding mechanism, so
that when it's dragged rearwards by a heavy load, the vents on the body of the
engine all open up.  There are 3 vents on the left-hand side, and 2 on the right
- that's not as many as the real thing, but then mine's shortened for L-gauge
layouts.

Now THAT is funky!

I can't wait to see this sometime.

--