 Trains / 25643 (-20)
  Re: Train motors half price via S@H weekly special

OK so I called again to get the skinny on the train motor "blowout"... As it turns out they simply renumbered the product, as Rafe referred to in his post, and in order to remove the old SKU from their system they had to sell thru them. She assured (...) (19 years ago, 3-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train motors half price via S@H weekly special

(...) Why would S@H want to clear out the last of their train motors?????? JB (19 years ago, 3-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train motors half price via S@H weekly special

SOLD OUT! She said that they literally only had a few, so no one bought like 100 of them. SteveB (...) (19 years ago, 3-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Train motors half price via S@H weekly special

For what it is worth, this week's weekly special at S@H has #5300, the 9V train motor, at $12.50 instead of the usual $25. The website says they are sold out, so maybe they are; I didn't call. Further adding to the uncertainty, the website says to (...) (19 years ago, 3-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains)

  COLTC Display at the Ohio State Fair in Columbus, Ohio

Hello, COLTC is currently displaying at the Ohio State Fair in Columbus, Ohio. The Fair runs from August 3rd thru August 14th and is open 9am to 9pm most days. We are in the DiSalle Arts & Crafts Building. Our display consists of a 12.5 x 20ft multi (...) (19 years ago, 3-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.announce, FTX) !!

  Re: Street Signs

(...) If you can get them on discount, Spidermans First Chase ((URL) set has some good NY style signs. Otherwise I suggest trawling through train show pictures on Brickshelf and club sites. There are loads of different signs out there and you're (...) (19 years ago, 3-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: NR 75 - The Ghan

(...) Hello , If you were interested in building carriages for the Ghan, I know were you can get some decals ! Check out this site :- www.users.bigpond.com/bgbho Heres a link, if that does not work (URL) go to passinger cars under decals . (URL) (...) (19 years ago, 3-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Street Signs

I have also posted this on .town and have recieved no replys, so, I'll try here: We are expanding our town and looking forward to 'streets'. Any suggestions for making corner street name signs and posts. We have 'stop lights', but want to customize (...) (19 years ago, 2-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: And now for something completely different....

Hi Tim --SNIP-- (...) --SNIP Nice and sleek (and thin). (...) Thanks for the advice. (...) That's excellent work. I really like the way you've varied the grill styles and used the 10133 Cowcatchers. Nice photography too! Tim G (19 years ago, 2-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: NR 75 - The Ghan

(...) Hi Peter, I was hoping someone would find it useful enought to build (you will notice that the MPD is all set out for LPUB). I had noticed a distinct lack of Aus rolling stock on layouts and thought it was a perfect one to start with. See my (...) (19 years ago, 2-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: NR 75 - The Ghan

(...) Tim Great job I didn't know you were into trains Mate could we use the instructions to build one for BLTG displays coming up soon on the Gold Coast and in Ipswich? All credits will of course go to you. It would be a fantastic addition to our (...) (19 years ago, 2-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: NR 75 - The Ghan

(...) Thanks. The rolling stock is really easy. I've got some half designed but all you have to do is replace a strip of grey in the Santa Fe carriages with a strip of orange. A little fiddle here and there and you've got a decent Ghan carriage. (...) (19 years ago, 2-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: NR 75 - The Ghan

In lugnet.announce.moc, Timothy Gould wrote: Very nice work, Tim! Maybe I will try to build this for our next M>ltc layout! But then I'd have to come up with rolling stock too... (...) It is usually headed by NR74 - the NR class are GE powered, and (...) (19 years ago, 1-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  NR 75 - The Ghan

Dear all, Just finished off a project I've been working on for a while. Was going to wait until I finished the instructions but time just slipped away. So, I present here, NR 75 - The Ghan This train, for those who don't know, runs on the newest (...) (19 years ago, 1-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.loc.au, FTX)

  Re: kadee coupler questioner

(...) My guess is that we'll get detail, they would probably just use the O-scale knuckle parts. Other detail will include the "brake hose" which is the pin that is moved by the uncoupling magnet. Frank (19 years ago, 1-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: kadee coupler questioner

(...) Kadee means automatic decoupling with either static magnets or electromagnets (static magnets work because you have to stop the train with the coupler over the magnet for it to function). Presumably these would include delayed uncoupling which (...) (19 years ago, 1-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: kadee coupler questioner

(...) 95% are standard Lego train 9V buffer beams (or the new snowplough buffers on some locomotives). Some models (mostly my space trains) use 2x3 plate-with-hole pieces to hold the magnet clip. In one case I used space magnet clips, but that was (...) (19 years ago, 1-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: kadee coupler questioner

(...) OnDrew, Did this mod take much work, or did you just stick a technic axle through a hole that was already present? If there is already a hole there, do we really need custom made couplers? Oh yeah, how much are regular Kadee couplers? Chris (19 years ago, 31-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: kadee coupler questioner

(...) On the buffers or using a 2x3 with hole plate. Which ever fits the situation at hand. (...) Yes and no. In the short term I have no desire to replace all the coupling on all my cars because that would be a sizable expense. In the long term, (...) (19 years ago, 31-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: kadee coupler questioner

(...) LEGO buffer beam or the 2*3 plate usually (...) YES! Finally shunting as real as it gets! ;) Also an idea : make a decoupler unit that would easily attach to LEGO track! (...) I'd say original style at first, perhaps later Technic hole (hole (...) (19 years ago, 31-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact