 Trains / 25523
Re: Spanish Brotli-Bahn Swiss Adler
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 9 Jul 2005 22:58:38 GMT

In lugnet.trains, James Mathis wrote:
   In lugnet.trains, Samarth Moray wrote:
   In lugnet.trains, James Mathis wrote:

   I’d like to thank Bruce Chamberlain for prompting me to generate illustrated steps for this Brotli set. Maybe we’ll see a real-brick creative colorful variant?

And Bruce has delivered for us a real brick build of this Spanish Brotli-Bahn Swiss Adler. Thanks Bruce!

What the???????

Are those decorative slides morphed red or do you actually get them in red somewhere???????!!!!!!

I believe Bruce willed them into red by the power of his mind...and some paint flew onto a set of light bley 9v train motor decorative elements. I don’t know that he painted any other parts.

I wish for there to be a new official train motor part in color red. Maybe some day. We got gray, maybe we’ll get red eventually. We can wish.

But, in the meantime, I become more forgiving of painting parts such as this, as I know the official LEGO designers prototype MOCs with painted parts...or even cutting parts or MOCing up parts from wood or paper (I think). After all, building with LEGO is only limited by one’s imagination...and, I guess that imagination can include creative tools to modify existing part shape and color. (I didn’t just type that! The Dark Side of LEGO CAD is permiating the real brick! Oh, forgive me AFOLs) ;-)

Now, I wonder if someone could retro-mold the 9v train motor decorative element, and recast that mold with red ABS pellets? Would a law-suit ensure? Probably.

Build want you want, and build it well.

later,

James Mathis

I’d guessed they were painted from the slight difference in luminosity in one of the pictures, but wasn’t going to say in case it sounded too nerdy :-) Hey, it was a pretty good colour match.

Actually, as I understand it TLC have used red for prototyping parts or testing new moulds, hence the existence of hyper-rare oddities like red ghost shrouds. I wouldn’t have put it past some of the core nutters on here to actually own a few.

Jason R