 Trains / 25068 (-10)
  Re: Four 'European' (O.K., British) Short Wheelbase Wagons

(...) I find your lack of taste disturbing... (...) I have family in the area too. My Dad was born in Bolsover. (...) That's not exactly what I was basing mine on, but I can't find the pictures at the moment. I can see yours uses SNOT to make the (...) (19 years ago, 9-May-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 8 Wide LEGO Thomas! (pics)

Hello John, Very nice. Two questions: 1) Where can I get a Duplo Thomas engine? - I'm not seeing them listed on S@H anywhere. 2) What color blue did LEGO use for the engine? Thanks, Ben Fleskes Big Ben Bricks LLC (...) <snip> (...) (19 years ago, 9-May-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.duplo, FTX)

  Re: Four 'European' (O.K., British) Short Wheelbase Wagons

Like them all, perhaps you could do the broken back tanker in (URL) purple>! The Bolsover wagons hold especial significance for me as I live about 8 miles from the colliery. (and, as I found out recently, about 15 mins walk from George Stephenson's (...) (19 years ago, 8-May-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Four 'European' (O.K., British) Short Wheelbase Wagons

Submitted for inspiration, four designs of short wheelbase wagons. A mix of old and modern, but the sort of thing I'd like to see Lego produce as its next accurate railway model. Maybe a small (2 URLs) dock> (URL) shunter> or (URL) branch> (URL) (...) (19 years ago, 8-May-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX) !

  Re: 10170 TTX Intermodal Double-Stack Car Preview

(...) As far as I have always understood it, the rolling resistance is practically the same regardless of the # of wheels...with the exception that very lightweight trains (such as empty container cars) have a higher drag than per lb than (...) (19 years ago, 8-May-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 8 Wide LEGO Thomas! (pics)

(...) I had some problems while trying to replicate a dummy for the train motor. It seems one plate lower than the where the axle is in a regular wheelset is 1/2 a plate lower than the ground clearance of the motor. Although I don't recall the exact (...) (19 years ago, 7-May-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 8 Wide LEGO Thomas! (pics)

(...) Yes, but how much clearance does one need? These ties are simply 1x4 tiles on the LEGO ties. If you need more clearance that, you also probably need more time at the design table;-) Out of curiousity, to what "other stuff" might you be (...) (19 years ago, 7-May-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.duplo, FTX)

  Re: Recycling Train

In lugnet.trains, James Mathis wrote: (SNIPPED) I must say this is a really cute MOC. More than the train itself I like the truck :-) Were you in any way inspired by the 4559 while doing this? It too has that modular setup with the truck able to (...) (19 years ago, 7-May-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 8 Wide LEGO Thomas! (pics)

(...) Also, don't those sleepers mean less ground clearance for the motor (and other stuff)? Legoswami (19 years ago, 7-May-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.duplo, FTX)

  Re: 8 Wide LEGO Thomas! (pics)

(...) Great. Since a 100k pic is worth 100k of words, I'll post some to show how (along with some pics for my son Ross' solution for points, as requested elsewhere) JOHN (19 years ago, 7-May-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.duplo, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact