 Trains / 25066
Re: Four 'European' (O.K., British) Short Wheelbase Wagons
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 8 May 2005 22:41:00 GMT

Like them all, perhaps you could do the broken back tanker in purple! The Bolsover wagons hold especial significance for me as I live about 8 miles from the colliery. (and, as I found out recently, about 15 mins walk from George Stephenson’s house!)
   Finally something else new - a reinforced hopper wagon for hauling coal or iron ore. Although I notice the model makers at Legoland Windsor have just rolled out something similar.

I designed the body of one of these in 7 wide a couple of years ago with some design similarities such as the door-rail rib around the top. Spookily I was just thinking about finishing it off recently! I might have to steal your underframe detailing. The question is, what colour should it be, the unfitted ones might have been painted grey but they mostly looked like this!

Tim