 Trains / 24982
  Re: 10170 TTX Intermodal Double-Stack Car Preview

(...) Right, the wieght and rolling savings aside, it's also cheaper to pay for 1 cor to roll on someone elses line then it is for 3 or 5. Mat (19 years ago, 4-May-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 10170 TTX Intermodal Double-Stack Car Preview

(...) I believe that different car classes have different freight rates (just like they have different dunnage charges when they're empty)... a 5 well will be a different class than a 1 well. (19 years ago, 4-May-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 10170 TTX Intermodal Double-Stack Car Preview

(...) Forgive the mundaneness of this question, but why the odd number of wells? How come 2 and 4 well cars aren't seen as often (or at all)? I see a lot of these cars come and go in the yards near me, I'll have to start counting the number of (...) (19 years ago, 4-May-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)