 Trains / 24982
Re: 10170 TTX Intermodal Double-Stack Car Preview
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 4 May 2005 18:03:39 GMT

In lugnet.trains, John Neal wrote:
   In lugnet.trains, Mathew Clayson wrote:

   But if I’m not mistaken a prototypical consist of these cars is either 3 or 5 at a time.

Don’t forget the single well car! Interestingly, whether at 1 or 3 or 5 wells, they are each considered one car.

JOHN

Right, the wieght and rolling savings aside, it’s also cheaper to pay for 1 cor to roll on someone elses line then it is for 3 or 5.

Mat