 Trains / 24961
Re: 10170 TTX Intermodal Double-Stack Car Preview
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 4 May 2005 12:27:22 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Tim David wrote:

B: European stock is becoming more harmogenised. The class 66 (an EMD product
btw http://www.deakmodellsport.hu/n/d11761_n.jpg) is spreading across Europe as
a favorite of the private freight hauliers,

Now, to me, that looks the part.  This one not so much:

the Germans, Swiss and Austrians all
have varieties of the same electric locos (DB class 152
http://www.finnmoller.dk/rail-de/db152033.jpg)

I'd rather see a freight locomotive like this than an attempt to reproduce an
entire train of streamlined head, tail, and coaches.

The problem with any of them though is to pick a colour scheme that will have
appeal, when they vary so much from one region or company to another, never mind
country!

Jason Railton