 Trains / 24938
Re: 10170 TTX Intermodal Double-Stack Car Preview
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 4 May 2005 01:32:42 GMT

In lugnet.trains, James Seibert wrote: snip
   I have a request though, can we have a nice boxcar? Different colors? My minifig passengers are complaining about all the dry goods being loaded in the seats next to the them :)

Actually, Jake already delivered on this request, although in a sneaky way. It was Jake who (strongly?) suggested to the set designers that set #7045, Hovercraft Hideout

would greatly benefit from the use of part# 4511, box car door

It’s a part that had not been seen in 16 years(!), and really the only special piece you need to build boxcars. Other than that they’re just rectangular boxes with wheels.

Also available for boxcar doors is part #2874

Four grey in the Cargo train (#4512) and two black in the Engine Shed (#10027).

And there’s free instructions for eight different boxcar designs at the Building Instructions Portal.

I know it’s still not the same as being able to buy a boxcar set, but ya gotta admit, that ain’t bad.

Rick C.

Oh, and for the record (and to stay marginally on topic), I really like the new intermodal cars. Nice!