 Trains / 24931
Re: 10170 TTX Intermodal Double-Stack Car Preview
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 4 May 2005 00:00:53 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Larry Pieniazek wrote:

It tends to come loose at the pivot attachment points if it’s run a LOT over uneven trackwork, as it does not have any vertical hinging from one unit to the next (that you get with the rotating effect of the magnets when cars undulate a bit)...

Yeah it will be interesting to see how that goes. From this pic it seems the axle will only protrude about 2 plates or less into the decking, uneven tracks may well work it loose.

ROSCO