 Trains / 24908 (-5)
  Re: 10170 TTX Intermodal Double-Stack Car Preview

(...) Some of Paul Arzens work is typical for Algiers, France, the Netherlands and even Spain (and no doubt many more, he was the French company Alsthom's main designer for several decades): (URL) some of his later work (URL) are the striping, and (...) (19 years ago, 3-May-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10170 TTX Intermodal Double-Stack Car Preview

(...) OK. I think we're getting bogged here though. I'd love to see way more sets in the range too, but my point stands, these sets are good for *a* large market. Not the only market, granted, but one that, prior to the ATSF F unit, had ZIP for (...) (19 years ago, 3-May-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10170 TTX Intermodal Double-Stack Car Preview

(...) Living at 50 meters from the Deventer - Almelo tracks, I can give some examples of European train style: 1) no automatic couplers between freight cars 2) buffers (is that the right word for those round shock absorbers that each car end has two (...) (19 years ago, 3-May-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10170 TTX Intermodal Double-Stack Car Preview

(...) Well, as someone who doesn't know enough about trains to know the difference between European and North American trains, I have to say that I really like this new set. I'm delighted that LEGO is offering this new set and plan to pick up 2 or 3 (...) (19 years ago, 3-May-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 10170 TTX Intermodal Double-Stack Car Preview

(...) They're not though - they don't work for European fans any more than they work for Americans. Just because they don't look like American prototypes you assume they must therefore satisfy everyone else, and they don't. You can't claim they're (...) (19 years ago, 3-May-05, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact