 Trains / 24895
Re: 10170 TTX Intermodal Double-Stack Car Preview
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 3 May 2005 15:33:59 GMT

Another well-balanced discussion evolving here I see...

In lugnet.trains, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
American themed, European themed... at one level I don't care.

Whatever LEGO produces, I (we) can do better(1). So any set is good, regardless
of how it looks as a set, *IF* it has good parts. And I agree that this set
looks like it will have some great parts (and stickers). Parts is parts, as long
as they aren't POOP.

Agreed, so far.

But at another level, the train show level, I do care. North American prototypes
resonate with the audiences at train shows better than european ones do

Er, perhaps that statement could be qualified a little.  Maybe North American
prototypes resonate with the American audiences that you tend to find attending
American train shows.  I'm not sure you can be so definite about the entire rest
of the planet.

and they fit in with the sorts of layouts I like to do.

Well, there you go.  I guess I must be just doing the wrong kind of layouts
then.

4561 wasn't good enough for that, euro themed or not. The current white and
green high speed train is a LITTLE better, but that big one piece nose is
embarassing so it won't be on layouts if I can help it.

I wouldn't put it on one either, but then it doesn't look like like it's been
designed as a scale model of anything in particular, licensed or otherwise.  Nor
is it marketed as such.

Jason Railton