 Trains / 24579
  Re: clip on train motor

(...) Hello Mitchell, The tabs can be used to add on to the length of the train motor body by placing one edge of a 4-wide plate on them. The tab clips under the side edge of the plate. LEGO used this in some of their train designs. See the (...) (19 years ago, 11-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: clip on train motor

(...) Thats interesting, I never realised they were for that (not having ever bought a 9V set). I always thought they just got in the way! Tim (19 years ago, 11-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: clip on train motor

(...) They're almost essential for some methods of articulating bogies. Add a 4L technic beam to the motor, sitting on the clips. Use plates to fix it onto the motor's studs. Add a double axle joiner: (URL) held in with two axle pegs, with the round (...) (19 years ago, 11-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: clip on train motor

(...) The also help secure the buffer/coupler unit to the end of the motor. Without the clips, the buffer plate tends to lift off. But one clip should work OK for this. I doubt you'll be able to glue it with any viable strength. I have a couple of (...) (19 years ago, 11-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)