 Trains / 24538 (-20)
  Re: What if.....

(...) Very intersting idea! I am not myself a fan of skirted trucks, I like the built up effect you get by using plates and technic plates. But for some applications they make a lot of sense, and I think your one end part might be very useful. To (...) (20 years ago, 8-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: What if.....

(...) Its funny that you mention articulation, as that was sort of the resion why I came up with this idea. Here is a picture that shows why. (URL) some of you know my TGV is a 10ft long articulated train. I wanted to make the cars for my TGV longer (...) (20 years ago, 7-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: wanted: water fall ideas.......please

Here's a picture of my snotifall: (URL) sure there's more pictures out there somewhere. I haven't managed to post any myself. The basic construction is a backing of blue plates, with smaller blue plates staggered around to increase texture, and then (...) (20 years ago, 7-Mar-05, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

  Re: What if.....

(...) I find with building long wagons in 8mm:1ft scale (8+ wide British or 10+ wide American) that the 6-wide baseplates don't allow a bogie plate to turn sufficiently inside the underneath of the baseplate. Therefore I've used 2x2 plates with a (...) (20 years ago, 7-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: What if.....

(...) I think this is certainly an interesting idea, but I don't follow this specific point. I think that although the current bases have their limits, they're easy enough to work around as far as lengths go. I think a good articulation is more (...) (20 years ago, 7-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains)

  What if.....

Hello all I have this idea for a what if part. Its a 6x12 train base plate. I think it would have some advantages over the standard 6x24 and 6x28 base plates. First off, it would alow people to make longer trains by not limiting you to the current (...) (20 years ago, 7-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Winterlude Photos

(...) (2 URLs) (...) That would be Jason Allemann who made the O-Train, part of Ottawa's transit system. I would keep an eye on his website in hopes that he adds a page for the train. (hint hint Jason) :-) (URL) Tim Strutt (20 years ago, 7-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: wanted: water fall ideas.......please

(...) I wish I had you patience to sit down a find this stuff. Thanks for the links. I will definitely be ""barrowing"" a few ideas from them. Thanks again, OnDrew (20 years ago, 7-Mar-05, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: wanted: water fall ideas.......please

(...) ahh yes how could i forget the mountain of brick in which you call your mountain. thanks for showing me. i love your use of really old blue[1] and new blue together. it really adds something to it. looks awsome thanks for sharing. ondrew (...) (20 years ago, 7-Mar-05, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: wanted: water fall ideas.......please

Ondrew, Here's a couple pics of my latest mountain waterfall: (URL) Darrow ----- Original Message ----- From: "ondrew hartigan" <roj2323@yahoo.com> To: <lugnet.town@lugnet.com>; <lugnet.trains@lugnet.com> Sent: Sunday, March 06, 2005 7:51 PM (...) (20 years ago, 7-Mar-05, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: wanted: water fall ideas.......please

(...) (URL) One by me, years ago.> (URL) Steve Ringe for a GATS event in Jan 2004> For more of that one, poke around in galleries from (URL) that event>. Here is (URL) another> by Larry Pieniazek. He announced that (URL). (URL) Another> by Thomas (...) (20 years ago, 7-Mar-05, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  wanted: water fall ideas.......please

Hey all, Well I searched Brickshelf but because most show photos are not labeled I couldn't find much. Anyway what I’m looking for is ideas/ pictures of water falls. The water fall for my new layout I’m building is only going to be about 5 bricks (...) (20 years ago, 7-Mar-05, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Town & Train Display - COSI Toledo Pictures & Report - MichLTC

(2 URLs) This was our second chance to work with the (URL) COSI Toledo museum>. They again had us display at the same time as (URL) COLTC>, who are a lot of fun to hang out with. The display was modest compared to some of our displays at 10ft by (...) (20 years ago, 6-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.events, FTX) !

  Re: Little switcher

"Tom Dickson" <legnet@bombcar.com> wrote in message news:ICxC7C.ovp@lugnet.com... (...) I found them by chance in 8644 Lego Racers / tiny Turbos / Street Maniac, each set has two in yellow, took 6 sets, now have more fenders than i know what to do (...) (20 years ago, 6-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Little switcher

(...) Set #8644 has two in yellow. Nice switcher! JohnG, GMLTC (20 years ago, 6-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Little switcher

(...) Where did you get yellow ones? Peeron only describes Red and White. (20 years ago, 6-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Little switcher

(...) Yeah, some dk blue would be very nice. ROSCO (20 years ago, 6-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Little switcher

G'Day Just wanted to post the start of a quick little model using the 'new' 1x3x1 curved top brick. (URL) wait until these are available in other colours to build some nice passenger cars. Cheers Oliver Play Well! (20 years ago, 6-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Super Chief Pleasure Dome...another one

(...) Hi James, thanks for sharing your latest design here! I agree with you, that Larry built the so far best trucks and that Benn's dark grey windscreens might be the so far best solution for the dome. At least in kids hands that design will be (...) (20 years ago, 5-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Signal Gantry

(URL) LLL, we had a nice event this week, building a signal gantry together with 1000+ people from the German Railway Company (Deutsche Bahn). They had a works meeting in Frankfurt this Thursday and were invited to help building the model. Pictures: (...) (20 years ago, 5-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.events, FTX) !

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact