 Trains / 24517
Re: Super Chief Pleasure Dome...another one
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 5 Mar 2005 04:02:32 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Ross Crawford wrote:

   The other way to strengthen it is to add another 2x4 technic plate above that one, at 90 degrees. It does increase the friction slightly on the bogie pin, but that’s never caused me any problems to date.

It has caused me a lot of problems, as the friction increase in my experience has been a lot more than “slight”... problems including bogie pins wearing out, shearing off, and in general leaving a lot more plastic dust around, as well as causing running problems, including some quite spectacular derailments.

Therefore while it may be a technique that works for you, which is great, I do not recommend it.