 Trains / 24515
Re: Super Chief Pleasure Dome...another one
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 5 Mar 2005 03:33:22 GMT

In lugnet.trains, James Mathis wrote:
   It’s another dome car. Another try. I’m not completely satisfied with this design, but here is a try at a non-curved-window Pullman-Standard dome with full instructions. Sorry the instructions aren’t formatted well-- just a core dump from LPub. There are two different builds using this flat-window construction.

I was inspired by both Larry’s recent Dome Car build and Benn’s Pleasure Dome build, I’ve tried it, again. I really like Larry’s truck-springs and interior details. And, Benn’s use of the dark-grey windscreen is quite nice for its fine-line window framing.

So, here’s yet another Pleasure Dome try. Thanks for checking it out.

later,

James Mathis

Hey James

I just looked at your dome car and its a really nice. I still like the first one you made. Although this one did give me an idea on new dome. I took the dome off of your car and made a new one.

(deep link) http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/legotrains/Test/dome.jpg

I used the 2x2 round slopes. (note: they are not currently availible in trans-clear). Although you can get them in trans-black (smoke)

Enjoy

Dave

www.GPLR.org