 Trains / 2433
    Great American Train Shows - Worth visit? —Bryan Kinkel
   The Great American Train show is steaming into the Ft. Washington Convention Center in suberban Philadelphia this weekend. I want to go, but my wife and I already have a packed weekend and I'm mostly interested only in Lego trains. Given that, is it (...) (25 years ago, 22-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Great American Train Shows - Worth visit? —Ben Fleskes
    Chances are you'll not see any LEGO trains. Nor will any of the vendors have anything related to LEGO. Most wouldn't even know LEGO makes trains. Let alone having done so for 30+ years. The GATS organizers I've spoken to hadn't seen anything like (...) (25 years ago, 22-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Great American Train Shows - Worth visit? —Bryan Kinkel
     Ben, Thanks for the reply. Saved me $5 x 2 admission to the thing. I really look forward to seeing a PNLTC-style Lego layout in person someday. This might be another topic - but it seems to me like Lego is putting a bit more emphasis on trains this (...) (25 years ago, 22-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)

         Re: Great American Train Shows - Worth visit? —Christopher Tracey
     The Northern Virginia LTC is tentatively planning to be at the GATS, Feb 26 and 27, 2000 in Gaithersburg, MD. I sent away for the application to display a layout last week. It would possibly be our first showing, if another show doesn't come (...) (25 years ago, 22-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)

         Re: Great American Train Shows - Worth visit? —John Neal
     The GMLTC will be showing at the GATS in a few weeks in St Paul, MN. *That* would be worth a visit, but maybe not all the way from Philly.... -John (...) (25 years ago, 22-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Ranting about Lego trains! —Jim Rorstrom
   (...) Of course, Ben, you realize you are preaching to the choir, so rant all you want. I am a Lego model railroader because of my 2 and 4 year old rail fans. They loved my N-scale layout but were frustrated because they could not participate (I was (...) (25 years ago, 22-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)