 Trains / 24300
  Packing the Mountain

I took the mountain apart tonight and made some sequential pictures. Some of the boxes are a little snug so I use pieces of a cut up bed sheet to lower the sections in and lift them out. All total it's 17 boxes and 8 table sections. It took about (...) (19 years ago, 8-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Packing the Mountain

Brian, Thanks for the photo documentry! I was wondering if you had time could you label the table sizes? Maybe super impose the sizes on the image ((URL) Did you custom make the tables for this project or did your tables sorta dictate the shape of (...) (19 years ago, 8-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Packing the Mountain

(...) I see most of the modules are fascias for the raised table sections. This one (URL) shows me how you've supported the mountain. I can see the cubic structure - about every 16 studs? However, is that a stack of red 1x4 bricks at the middle of (...) (19 years ago, 8-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Packing the Mountain

Using this photo (sorry I don't know what program to use to overlay numbers) (URL) tables sizes (32x32 baseplate standard) are as follow: Level One - the first table (with the nuts and bolts) is 4x8, the table directly behind is 4x6 (we call these (...) (19 years ago, 8-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Packing the Mountain

(...) Mark, The lowest section of the support column is 2x4 duplo bricks. The middle column progresses to 2x8 LEGO brick configuration as it climbs up the back of the module. I do use 1x's on the cross members but all the main support columns never (...) (19 years ago, 8-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)