 Trains / 23642
Re: S@H Exchange Rate?!?! (was Re: BNSF high balls it!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Thu, 4 Nov 2004 22:54:19 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Tim Strutt wrote:
In lugnet.trains, Tim Tosino wrote:
LEGO is REALLY sticking it to Canadians on this set and this year. It's
$59.99 CAD. That's 1.5 Exchange! Last time I checked it was 1.2052. Why is
LEGO milking Canadians this year when the Canadian Dollar has gone up???

Whoa. I see what you mean. I just checked and at current exchange rate, we
could be buying it in the US for $48.24Cdn, instead of the $60Cdn on S@H.
I think I'll be calling a travelling friend in the US before I buy it at
S@H prices for Canada.
That sucks too, because I was going to ask for this for Christmas.

Hey Jake, do you have any idea why S@H fixed the price so high for Canada?

Tim, as Christian has pointed out, Canada is not the only country that gets
screwed on S@H prices. Fortunately for you, you're more likely to have a
travelling friend to get you one.

Fortunately for us Aussies, the BNSF loco is not as bad as the y-wing exclusive
http://news.lugnet.com/lego/direct/?n=6083 so I will be buying 1 or 2, then
hoping they show up retail.

ROSCO