 Trains / 23641
Re: S@H Exchange Rate?!?! (was Re: BNSF high balls it!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Thu, 4 Nov 2004 16:15:47 GMT

Tim Strutt wrote:
Whoa. I see what you mean. I just checked and at current exchange rate, we
could be buying it in the US for $48.24Cdn, instead of the $60Cdn on S@H.
I think I'll be calling a travelling friend in the US before I buy it at
S@H prices for Canada.
That sucks too, because I was going to ask for this for Christmas.
Hey, forget about complaining about too high prices outside the US to
S@H. Lego ist totally deaf on that ear. Besides, $CDN59.99 is about
US$49.79, which is still cheaper than our EUR39.99, which in turn is
about US$51.19. And the stuff is being produced over here! When drilling
for an answer, the only lame excuse we Europeans usually get for being
overcharged is "VAT inclusion". As if we had VATs in the range of 28-78%...

Yours, Christian Treczoks