 Trains / 23639
23638  |  23640
Subject:
S@H Exchange Rate?!?! (was Re: BNSF high balls it!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Thu, 4 Nov 2004 15:13:01 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Tim Tosino wrote:
LEGO is REALLY sticking it to Canadians on this set and this year. It's
$59.99 CAD. That's 1.5 Exchange! Last time I checked it was 1.2052. Why is
LEGO milking Canadians this year when the Canadian Dollar has gone up???

Whoa. I see what you mean. I just checked and at current exchange rate, we
could be buying it in the US for $48.24Cdn, instead of the $60Cdn on S@H.
I think I'll be calling a travelling friend in the US before I buy it at
S@H prices for Canada.
That sucks too, because I was going to ask for this for Christmas.

Hey Jake, do you have any idea why S@H fixed the price so high for Canada?

Tim Strutt