 Trains / 23563 (-20)
  Re: ToPleSs : the Art of building between the studs

(...) Matt Chiles used this technique heavily in his roller coaster, and referred to it as "pony-eared" (the 2x2 plate is pony-eared into the 2x4 plate). This comes from the old castle sets, before there was a horse element. The ears of the horses (...) (20 years ago, 18-Oct-04, to lugnet.build, lugnet.build.schleim, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: LEGO Millyard model to cover 2,000 square feet, Sponsored by NELUG

Hi all, As someone who has never participated in a large group build I'm very curious as to how this works.. Could you answer a few questions? I see the buildings are arranged on large gridded paper, and each team has several reference photographs. (...) (20 years ago, 18-Oct-04, to lugnet.build.ancient, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: LEGO Millyard model to cover 2,000 square feet, Sponsored by NELUG

Here are some more pictures of the Phase I building session that took place this past weekend. These pictures represent progress up until 1pm on Sunday as I had to leave and missed the rest of the Sunday build session. When I left 2 structures were (...) (20 years ago, 18-Oct-04, to lugnet.build.ancient, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, FTX)

  MOB railcar

During research for a future project it was mentioned to me that someone had displayed an MOB railcar at an exhibition in Calgary, Does anyone know who's this was? Any pics? Tim (20 years ago, 18-Oct-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: LEGO Millyard model to cover 2,000 square feet, Sponsored by NELUG

I just wanted to say that I had an absolute blast on Saturday - one of the best outings I've had as a member of NELUG. Despite having to rebuild my one section repeatedly (thus creating "The Gash"[1]), we probably could have completed our building (...) (20 years ago, 18-Oct-04, to lugnet.build.ancient, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains) !

  Postcard from Poland

Hello, It's hot summer night, 1979, small train station somewhere in Northern Poland. SM48 with short train is resting on the sidetrack, passengers are waiting for night train. One of the lamps suddenly fade, so they have a little privacy to say (...) (20 years ago, 16-Oct-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad, FTX)

  ARE YOU READY??!!!

There are just two weeks left to prepare for our Halloween Bash! ARE YOU READY??!!! Have you refined your (URL) Presentation> and made sure Thomas Garrison knows you're coming? Has your (URL) Costume Ball Minifig> been sent to Gary McIntire? Have (...) (20 years ago, 15-Oct-04, to lugnet.events, lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.us.sealug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.scibrick, lugnet.castle, FTX) !!

  Don't Miss the Costume Ball at NWBrickCon™ 2004

The Ballroom is ready! Is your Minifig on its way? There is just one week left to be reasonably sure your figure will arrive in time. If you aren't able to come to NWBrickCon™ 2004 in person, be sure to send your Minifigure NOW! Send it to: The (...) (20 years ago, 15-Oct-04, to lugnet.events, lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.us.sealug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.scibrick, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: LEGO Millyard model to cover 2,000 square feet, Sponsored by NELUG

"Erik Varszegi" <erik.varszegi@ameri....lego.com> wrote in message news:I5LoyH.1DJD@lugnet.com... (...) have (...) months (...) construction, it (...) all (...) that (...) we (...) <snipped press release> (...) mine. Fantastic news Erik, Minilands (...) (20 years ago, 15-Oct-04, to lugnet.build.ancient, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: help building gcc cross-compiler (long)

(...) Great idea, thanks! Now I'm trying to apply Mark Riley's DCC patch to the brickos-0.2.6.10 source. When I try: patch -d ../kernel <kernel.diff I get: patching file dmotor.c patching file systime.c Hunk #6 FAILED at 332. 1 out of 6 hunks FAILED (...) (20 years ago, 12-Oct-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Speed Regulator Footprint

(...) Thanks ROSCO! I really appreciate this; my regulator is in use at a show I won't get see it for a while. :) --Jack AFOL, St. Louis ___...___ Do you Yahoo!? Declare Yourself - Register online to vote today! (URL) (20 years ago, 12-Oct-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Speed Regulator Footprint

(...) The front panel is 24 x 12 studs, the connector section at the back extends a further 2 studs and is 14 studs wide and overall it is about 7 bricks high. Hope this helps. ROSCO (20 years ago, 11-Oct-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Display - WF&P

Here is a link to the pictures I took at our club, GtwLUG, display at the Walbash, Frisco & Pacific live steam Railway. Hope you enjoy. (URL) Don GtwLUG St. Louis (20 years ago, 11-Oct-04, to lugnet.events, lugnet.trains)

  Speed Regulator Footprint

I was curious what the dimensions of the speed regulator are or point me to a link or article? I'm looking for the dimension in studs, of course, both with and without the power cord connected (if it even matters). I didn't see anything in the Train (...) (20 years ago, 11-Oct-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Cars for 10133 BNSF Locomotive???

"Juan Rodriguez" wrote in message news:I5EJ4C.1F0E@lugnet.com... (...) with (...) 10020 (...) I care; the MOT cars are on sale now (buy 5, get 10% discount). Maybe it is a sign? Jeroen (20 years ago, 11-Oct-04, to lugnet.trains)

  NWBrickCon™ 2004 Dress-Up as Your Favorite Minifig

To add more flavor to our Halloween event, we are asking all Attendees to come to the Con on Sunday, October 31st, dressed as your Favorite Minifig. If you've always liked Captain RedBeard, now you can be him. Classic Space more to your liking? - (...) (20 years ago, 11-Oct-04, to lugnet.events, lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.us.sealug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.scibrick, lugnet.castle, FTX) !

  NWBrickCon ™ 2004 Area Coordinators

Here is a list of the Area Coordinators for NWBrickCon™ 2004. If you are bringing anything to the Con that requires table space, or just need to know something more about an event, these are the people to contact. (URL) Castle> - Thomas Rafert (URL) (...) (20 years ago, 11-Oct-04, to lugnet.events, lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.us.sealug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.scibrick, lugnet.castle, FTX) !

  Cars for 10133 BNSF Locomotive???

Anyone care to speculate on whether/when we will see any cars to go along with the new 10133 BNSF Locomotive? I understand it was sometime after the 10020 SuperChief was first released that the rest of the cars were released. -Juan (20 years ago, 11-Oct-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BBB wheels question

(...) Hello Jonathan, You could build it similar to the 4-6-0 shown at: (URL) There is a detail picture of the steam cylinder/connecting rods. Instructions for building the connecting rods can be found on the applications page. (URL) about half way (...) (20 years ago, 11-Oct-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  BBB wheels question

I am thinking of building a 4-4-0 steam locomotive using BBB wheels. If I was to use the small flanged train wheel as the front wheels then the driver as the driven wheels (with a connecting rod linking them), what would I need? Would I need drivers (...) (20 years ago, 10-Oct-04, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact