 Trains / 2354
Re: Help me plan for Mindfest.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos, lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 15 Oct 1999 16:28:49 GMT

Frank Filz wrote:

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

There may or may not be a free shuttle but my advice is learn the T.
Even if you're only in town for a weekend, it's a much better way to go.
Plus the trains are much tighter headings than the 1/2 hour heading a
shuttle is likely to be on.

A cab ride from Logan to Kendall Square is going to be somewhere in the
15-25 range (15 if you're very very lucky, 22 is probably closer to the
actual)

And you're not even actually going that far... Logan to the Sumner to
haymarket circle and across the mem ave bridge if I remember correctly.

I'm not sure what street the bridge is, but it isn't Memorial Ave.

You're right. It's the Longfellow bridge. I may have the haymarket part
wrong but there is a big bridge across teh charles that feeds into
memorial drive and main street. It also carries the red line T across.

The T of course doesn't go through the Sumner tunnel.

I didn't say it did. It has its own tunnel (basically from Maverick to
Aquarium on the blue line)...

And give Larry a point
for accuracy... The tunnel from downtown to Logan is the Callahan Tunnel

You go through the Callahan going from downtown to Logan and the Sumner
from Logan to downtown if you drive or are in a taxi or bus.

(well of course there's also the new "The Big Dig" tunnel).

That tunnel is the Williams and it comes out in South Boston, it's not
as good a way to go if you are trying to get to Cambridge. it's the Ted
Williams in both directions, by the way, unlike the Sumner Callahan
pair.

Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com