 Trains / 23433 (-20)
  NWBrickCon™ 2004 Animation Film Festival

This year, there will once again be a NWBrickCon™ animation competition hosted by Seth Rotkin at (URL). The interest level, both in the animation community and the general LEGO® community, is higher than ever before. LEGO® animatiors have been asked (...) (20 years ago, 9-Sep-04, to lugnet.events, lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.us.sealug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.scibrick, lugnet.castle) !!

  Re: Motorized Switch using Monkey Motor

(...) Hi Mark - Great design, and the DCC stuff pointed out later in this thread is exciting. I'm curious - your switch designs seem to be updated from time to time to get a better base connection between the switch track itself and the motor, so (...) (20 years ago, 9-Sep-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Motorized Switch using Monkey Motor

In lugnet.trains, Mark Riley wrote: <snip> (...) <snip> Oh My Goodness! I didn't even think of that! I've modified all my switches to have both sides powered, but gettting a 9v wire out to a DCC enabled switch motor--that's extraordinarily (...) (20 years ago, 9-Sep-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Motorized Switch using Monkey Motor

(...) Yep, that's correct. With LDCC you will be able to configure the power as well as the stroke duration (somewhere around 0.1 to 0.2 seconds). Right now, LACC can control stroke duration, but not power, so I'll be modifying LACC for non-smart (...) (20 years ago, 9-Sep-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics, FTX)

  Re: Motorized Switch using Monkey Motor

(...) OK, thanks for the reminder! It sounds like maybe if you DCC-ise it, you would want the control program to issue non full power commands then? (...) I wish we could get track connectors and wires in bulk at good prices. (20 years ago, 9-Sep-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics, FTX)

  Re: Motorized Switch using Monkey Motor

(...) Glad you like them! (...) No, all that is required is a standard unmodified switch. The motor has more than enough torque to throw the switch. In fact, I recommend that you feed a lower voltage to the motor as the motorized switch may(1) (...) (20 years ago, 9-Sep-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics, FTX)

  Re: Semi-new train sets - 10157 & 10158 (from 4511 World City HS Train)

(...) Be aware - it is out there. :( (URL) :) (20 years ago, 9-Sep-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.color)

  Re: Motorized Switch using Monkey Motor

(...) (snip) Thanks for the update! Nice job on the renders for the instructions, by the way... Question: does this require switch modification to de-stiffenize the mechanism? Also I assume that this motor is DCC-able using the technique you (...) (20 years ago, 9-Sep-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics, FTX)

  Re: Couplings for long overhang 4 wheeled vehicles

(...) I hadn't seen these, I'll have to experiment, thanks for idea. I actually must have a couple somewhere as I have a 8001 Battle Droid. I had thought of these (URL) 2609 Magnet Holder Tile 2 x 2 but I couldn't see a way of attaching them (...) (20 years ago, 9-Sep-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Semi-new train sets - 10157 & 10158 (from 4511 World City HS Train)

(...) I don't doubt the colour change in the train, but has anyone actually seen the new dark grey in any track pieces from TLC yet? Jason Railton (20 years ago, 9-Sep-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Motorized Switch using Monkey Motor

Hi All, Here's an update of one of my (URL) earlier> motorized switch designs. This design utilizes the new-style monkey(1) motor instead of the traditional Technic mini motor: (URL) Building diagrams can be found at my BrickShelf folder: (URL) (...) (20 years ago, 8-Sep-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Couplings for long overhang 4 wheeled vehicles

(...) Have you considered using this part?: (URL) 2607 Magnet Holder 2 x 3 They are not expensive, and available on Brickshelf in large quantities. With friendly greetings, M. Moolhuysen (20 years ago, 8-Sep-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Couplings for long overhang 4 wheeled vehicles

I am currently designing some long four wheeled vehicles ((URL) for example) and am having problems with the coupling design. Because of the long overhangs the couplings need to be mounted on an arm that can pivot to allow the coupling to be more (...) (20 years ago, 8-Sep-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Semi-new train sets - 10157 & 10158 (from 4511 World City HS Train)

(...) Hi, fine, you will get an oldgray 4511 with oldgray track-circle, cause it's launched and produced in 2003 plus 2 newgray 10158s and 8 newgray straights. What a garbage! Hope this set will never be sold in Germany. Regards Ronald (20 years ago, 8-Sep-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Semi-new train sets - 10157 & 10158 (from 4511 World City HS Train)

(...) Juan, all the sets are now avalible in the US through S@H. There is also a Delux High Speed train kit now, which includes 2 extra cars and 8 straight track, in addition to the basic set. (3 URLs) Mat (20 years ago, 8-Sep-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A strange warning on the s@h about the kit K4519

(...) I would never buy K4519, as I said, no one wants an extra box of curves. David (20 years ago, 5-Sep-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: NEW Train Set! 65537 My Own Train Classic Freight Train

(...) I'll talk to the Independent Toy Dealer (ITD) group about this ASAP. In the meantime, if you have a local retailer that you think would be a good bet for the ITD group to contact, email me the name of the store and any contact info/location (...) (20 years ago, 7-Sep-04, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego, FTX)

  Re: NEW Train Set! 65537 My Own Train Classic Freight Train

(...) Interesting set. I'm curious about the "only independent stores will be allowed to order this" comment. Anyone have any guesses if LEGO Train Clubs might be able to order some to sell at shows? At the $80 price point, that's almost in the (...) (20 years ago, 4-Sep-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  NEW Train Set! 65537 My Own Train Classic Freight Train

As seen first on (2 URLs) Click for larger photo. (1) The Ultimate First Train Set: the 65537 My Own Train Classic Freight Train! Here is the ultimate train kit! A very rare official set that you will be hard pressed to find anywhere else! We (...) (20 years ago, 4-Sep-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.shopping, FTX)

  Re: A strange warning on the s@h about the kit K4519

(...) Can I suggest that the cross track kit be made like set 159 (blue rails), having a pack of straights included with the crossing? Perhaps, to cut the cost of the set, the number of straights would be 2, if that is the minimum necessary for use (...) (20 years ago, 4-Sep-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact