 Trains / 23343 (-10)
  Re: Keynote presentation

(...) I snapped these with my Digi-cam from the live web-feed (Not Great Quality, but hey, good for now, right?) Train Pics: (4 URLs) -John (20 years ago, 14-Aug-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Reversing Loop

(...) OK, I consider myself part of the overlap, even though I'm across the pond! I have books on model railway wiring, as not many people can do it all in their heads. If you are able to get international second-hand books on the net, try "The PSL (...) (20 years ago, 13-Aug-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Reversing Loop without Insulated Tracks

(...) Same here...I invite electrical experience and techincal discussion as well. (...) We need the insight from crossover indivuals such as yourself, David. Thanks for the contribution and hanging in there as you designed a way over the hurdles (...) (20 years ago, 13-Aug-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Reversing Loop without Insulated Tracks

(...) (snip) Ouch. Rick Clark FUT lugnet.off-topic.debate (20 years ago, 13-Aug-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Reversing Loop without Insulated Tracks

(...) (snip) (...) I have to say that I am the opposite of dismissive in this case. I didn't follow most of what was said (electricity-wise) during this discussion. I'm a pretty bright guy, but for some reason, electronics make my brain hurt. I'm (...) (20 years ago, 13-Aug-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Home made weight bricks and train base plates

Has anyone made thier own weight bricks? My thought was to hollow out the bottom of a brick with a dremel, then fill it with BBs. And finally glue a plate across the bottom. This could be useful to add weight to some of my smaller train MOCs, where (...) (20 years ago, 12-Aug-04, to lugnet.parts.custom, lugnet.parts.mod, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Reversing Loop without Insulated Tracks

(...) Yeah, I kinda figured that out on my own, thanks. I just felt it would be prudent to point out that I am not one of those people, so that I wouldn't be the subject of false assumptions. Well, no more than usual, at least... (...) Considering (...) (20 years ago, 12-Aug-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Reversing Loop without Insulated Tracks

(...) Correct! Muovinen is a Finnish adjective and it means "plastic". I just couldn't prevent myself using that transposition... (20 years ago, 11-Aug-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Reversing Loop without Insulated Tracks

(...) Well, ok, not THAT hard: (URL) from THIS great reference: (URL) (20 years ago, 11-Aug-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Reversing Loop without Insulated Tracks

(...) Thanks for the reminder, I forgot about that. So random single wheelsets won't impact this, only bridging from one wheelset to another within the motor (or if you connect motors to get better pickup performance as Mark Bellis does, across (...) (20 years ago, 11-Aug-04, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact