 Trains / 22593 (-20)
  Custom Curved Switch in our layout

We forgot to take clear pictures of them at our last show, but here is a preview: (URL) As you can see, we used a custom modified switch (by Joe), of which the off-leg equals 1 curved track. This can save a lot of space, and makes turns off of a (...) (21 years ago, 19-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Pictures and Video of COLTC at the Greenberg show

Last weekend, COLTC displayed at the Greenberg Toy, Train, and Hobby show, in Columbus, Ohio. We had one of our largest displays to date in our young life (we just turned 1 year old). We had an L-shaped, 30 x 30 foot display, with a total of 4 (...) (21 years ago, 19-Mar-04, to lugnet.events, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.oh, lugnet.town, lugnet.castle, FTX) !!

  Re: 8-wide "Hogwart's Express" using Big Ben wheels

(...) Thanks. And I can feel the peer pressure building - I can see myself ending up doing that A4 Pacific. Hopefully it'll be better than this one: (URL) Jason Railton (21 years ago, 19-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Open Poll...

(...) Hello modder, hello fodder.... Actually, I don't even like those-- we rip them apart to create our own trucks in the TCLTC clubhouse. I would say a BBB driver, but that's not LEGO..., sooo I guess it would be the 9 volt motor by default; you (...) (21 years ago, 18-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Open Poll...

What's your favorite Lego train element? Mine's a wheelset. Can't have trains without those! -brickmodder (21 years ago, 18-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Switch box, shelves, EMDSD40ace, Oh My!

So, it's been a bit of a dry spell with updates, so I went downstaris, built a little bit, and took some pics! (URL) a switch box directly ripped off from Jeff E from rtlTrain(s). Showing new pics of my GE Diesel loco, And here-- (URL) new (...) (21 years ago, 18-Mar-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: TCLTC LEGO Brick Sculpture Plaza

(...) Very cool John, I saw this on Brickshelf earlier today and really liked the look of it. I can't wait till we get to see more of the layout. jt (21 years ago, 18-Mar-04, to lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  TCLTC LEGO Brick Sculpture Plaza

Ever since Ross built these a few years back: (2 URLs) I decided> that they needed to be a part of the TCLTC layout. Here is the result: (URL) More pics (URL) HERE> TCLTC page (URL) HERE> JOHN (21 years ago, 18-Mar-04, to lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 8-wide "Hogwart's Express" using Big Ben wheels

In lugnet.trains, Jason J. Railton wrote: <snip> (...) That's how I managed to do it too! (...) I managed to fit the cylinders to the front bogie so they articulate too, but can't fit push rods though (...) Wouldn't normally do a Mallard Jason, but (...) (21 years ago, 18-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: PDX / LTC container swap

(...) Any club that would like to exchange cargo containers with NELUG may contact me by e-mail: chris AT drvegetable.com to arrange a swap. I agree with JT that it is more in the spirit of the exchange to swap whole containers instead of sticker (...) (21 years ago, 18-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: PDX / LTC container swap

(...) The North Georgia LTC (NGLTC) containers should be available at the time of the next Brickfest, I'm not sure any will be made before then. We normally do not exchange just container stickers since I think the interesting part of the exhange is (...) (21 years ago, 18-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: PDX / LTC container swap

(...) Hello All ! Sorry for the spelling mistake.It's Carolina Train Builders ! Here is were I saw The container, It's one of "scrope" Brickshelf pictures. Brian Williams' Frisco 1630 Steam train. (URL) not after every LTC container ! Because some (...) (21 years ago, 18-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.au)

  New Pics of Matt's Roller Coaster

Well, I have finally got updated roller coaster pictures on line. These are pictures of the coaster in its latest rendition, as shown at BrickFest PDX last month. Check www.insidethevault.c...ercoaster. I am still looking for a good video of the (...) (21 years ago, 18-Mar-04, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.market.auction) !!

  Re: PDX / LTC container swap

(...) It's actually "Carolina Train Builders" if I am not mistaken (...) I cannot help you on the picture. I was too busy to see to it that good pics were taken, much to my great regret. But as to the identity of the award winners; (URL) containers (...) (21 years ago, 18-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: PDX / LTC container swap

"John" <John@TCLTC.org> wrote in message news:Hur54p.23qK@lugnet.com... (...) Larry (...) These (...) a (...) find (...) No, should I? :-) Seriously, can who ever has them let me know so I at least know where they ended up? Mike (21 years ago, 18-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: PDX / LTC container swap

(...) Did you try looking for them on Ebay;-) JOHN (21 years ago, 18-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.au, FTX)

  Re: PDX / LTC container swap

"Teunis Davey" <teunisdavey@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:HuIE22.11sJ@lugnet.com... [ ... snipped ...] (...) [ ... snipped ... ] This one may be hard to get. I only made two of them and gave them to Larry P. to award as prizes at BrickFest (...) (21 years ago, 17-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.au)

  G.M.L.T.C. to display at La Crosse & Three Rivers Model Railroad Show

The Greater Midwest LEGO Train Club will be showing this weekend at the La Crosse & Three Rivers Railroad Club 23rd Annual Model Railroad Show See the the GMLTC's huge ever-expanding modular all-LEGO town/train layout featuring many new trains. As (...) (21 years ago, 17-Mar-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.wi)

  Re: 8-wide "Hogwart's Express" using Big Ben wheels

(...) Well, stop wasting your time on LUGNet and get on with it! ;-) Seriously Ben, we can hardly wait. I gather these prototypes have some of the back of the wheel missing too, so the flanges of the outer wheels can tuck in behind. These means the (...) (21 years ago, 17-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 8-wide "Hogwart's Express" using Big Ben wheels

(...) I had already admired your 4-6-2 chassis Teunis, but unfortunately my Lego collection doesn't run as far as flexrods! I have managed an articulated 4-6-2 chassis of my own using BBB wheels with the view of trying to create a 6-wide LNER (...) (21 years ago, 17-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact