 Trains / 22348 (-10)
  Train poster

I have updated my train poster and virtual MOCs on my web page. (URL) I was re-modeling the locomotive I included the wheel that I've noticed in the nose of an actual SD in the switchyard near the Westminster Quay. My question is: what is the (...) (21 years ago, 10-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Idea for a track power pickup for non motored trains...

Photos of the first stage (URL) (21 years ago, 10-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Posters, yes again

Convenient (21 years ago, 10-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Idea for a track power pickup for non motored trains...

(...) Sometimes my english, plays against me..... My idea was to use the metallic wheels of the motor in a standard boggie, for testing purposes, if this works, the following step was to make a copy of the wheels with a lathe, but Larry and Dean (...) (21 years ago, 10-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Idea for a track power pickup for non motored trains...

(...) If you ar going to "sacrifice" a motor for the wheels, why not use its power pickups. Lester (21 years ago, 10-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Idea for a track power pickup for non motored trains...

(...) There are wifi stuff already out. G scale commonly uses radio control. The main issue is, of course, the battery... It's a pain in the butt... DCC works very well. It seems able to buffer a small amount of power to reduce brownouts by bad (...) (21 years ago, 10-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 8 wide GE C40-8W

(...) Actually the weighths were a pre-emptive strike. I figured with the length and height and the tight LEGO curves it would be best. Thanks for the feedback. Mike (21 years ago, 10-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Idea for a track power pickup for non motored trains...

(...) <snip> (...) I've thought about this and don't see any long term potential. Power pickup from tracks is one of the most challenging aspects of the model railroading. The lego solution is one of the best I've seen, LGB actually runs contacts on (...) (21 years ago, 10-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 8 wide GE C40-8W

Mike Kollross wrote: Wow... um... wow. That looks super. Did you really have problems with excessive roll? I know, silly question. If you didn't have problems with the center of gravity, then you wouldn't have added the weights. "I think it turned (...) (21 years ago, 10-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Idea for a track power pickup for non motored trains...

You are right they are different. What I will do is to try and get someone to make a collar (like a ring) to put over the wheel in order to adjust it.The collar should be thin and of a conductive metal. Tomorrow I´ll have more news....keep you (...) (21 years ago, 10-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact