 Trains / 21694
    Re: DCC chip installed in accessory brick —Chris Phillips
   (...) I'm glad to hear that this worked so well! When I first got into DCC I bought an HO decoder that ended up being just a little bit too big to cram inside a LEGO train motor, and I've been meaning to do this ever since. I was thinking of using (...) (21 years ago, 25-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: DCC chip installed in accessory brick —David Koudys
   In lugnet.trains, Chris Phillips wrote: <snip> (...) Hey Chris, THere was a post a while back in which someone showed how to take the metal tabs out of the 2x8 brick---by taking a small drill and taking off the plastic holders. I did that for my (...) (21 years ago, 25-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: DCC chip installed in accessory brick —Mark Riley
   (...) Dave, I don't know if you already did this, but before you glue it together, consider putting diodes in parallel with the light outputs. This will allow you to run inductive loads like motors and relays with the light outputs without fear of (...) (21 years ago, 25-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)