 Trains / 21608 (-5)
  Digitrax DZ123

Digitrax is introducing a new low cost DCC decoder, the DZ123 (retail $20 US). It has most of the same features as it's bigger cousin, the DZ143 ($35), the most notable differences being that it only supports two (instead of four) functions (or (...) (21 years ago, 19-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Dark Gray Track

So, I imagine we'll eventually be seeing track in this new dark gray. I don't think I'm entirely thrilled with that prospect. But, from Lego's perspective, I can see how they might not see it as a big deal, since most households will only have one (...) (21 years ago, 18-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Track Geometry

(...) There is no perfect solution because the square root of 2 is not a rational number. HOWEVER there are some that are quite close.. within a stud or two both horizontally and vertically) Try this (using track designer which you can get using (...) (21 years ago, 18-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: NELUG Layout at the Greenberg Train Show

(...) Thanks! Good suggestion. I usually do have the sensors further upstream than I did for this show. As I mentioned earlier, I had started out with a new gate design on the layout that operates more quickly, therefore more lead time was not (...) (21 years ago, 17-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: NELUG Layout at the Greenberg Train Show

(...) they work nicely, tho I think you should move the 'upwind' sensor further away so the barrier is down before the train gets there tim (21 years ago, 17-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact