 Trains / 21332
Re: IndyLUG Oct 18,19 GATS pictures
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Thu, 23 Oct 2003 19:46:36 GMT

  I've missed helping with a few shows with BayLTC this year, due to work, and
my summer vacation. (As I type, I'm at work, in Tel Aviv, after a 13-hour
day...)

  I'm amazed at the images from Florida, Ottawa, and IndyLUG shows. You do
yourselves proud, as well as helping to raise the bar for all of us at *our*
next shows.

  But, I am AMAZED and HUMBLED by the roundhouse and turntable on the IndyLUG
layout!!! (http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=550837, pictures 30
and 31 in David's gallery) The grey technic detail work on the turntable is
fabulous! The sheer mass of green bricks is astounding to me. I'm in awe of the
roof work as well.

  When I started my roundhouse project, I only had to follow Ben Fleske's first
attempt. I'm glad I got mine done early. I'd hate to have to try topping *this*
one! ;-)

    Regards,

       -Z-   http://www.baylug.org/zonker/ronddom/index.html