Re: IndyLUG Oct 18,19 GATS pictures
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Mon, 27 Oct 2003 03:15:40 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.indylug, Brian Darrow wrote:
Here's the pics from the IndyLUG layout this past weekend October 18th &
19th at Indianapolis.  These pics are pretty comprehensive and will give
everybody a look at the things we are doing out here in Indiana.

Mark Peterson's include a very thorough review of the Friday setup, then the
show on Saturday and Sunday:

David Gregory's depict the excellent work he did on his Amish farm and barn
raising.

Jeramy Spurgeon's show lots of the little details as well as a great
overview.

Is this folder misnamed? It says GatsJan...

Hope you find something you like,

LOTS to like!

Glad to see Homer J. Simpson International Airport made another appearance...

Is that an oil platform in the center of the harbor?

And that red truss bridge, it's so big!

This shot shows off the signal bridge nicely:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=550817 ... and you can also see
the roundhouse and turntable WITH central turntable bridge for the power feed to
the table motors

Ya gotta admit, tan and red with a black roof is a great color scheme for a yard
tower, eh?

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=550832 ... was that inspired by
JT's coal mine? nice bathtub unit coal car... I assume that's corn in the front?

I think my favorite thing may actually be the merry go round, though

Nice job, guys!