Re: IndyLUG Oct 18,19 GATS pictures
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Mon, 27 Oct 2003 15:54:28 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.indylug, Larry Pieniazek wrote:

Is that an oil platform in the center of the harbor?

Yes.  This was done by one of our newest guys, Chayme Higgins.

And that red truss bridge, it's so big!

That one is mine.  It spans an 8 base plate gap in our layout (our tables are 4
x 8 baseplates).

Besides, size does matter...  ;-)

This shot shows off the signal bridge nicely:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=550817 ... and you can also see
the roundhouse and turntable WITH central turntable bridge for the power feed to
the table motors

Ya gotta admit, tan and red with a black roof is a great color scheme for a yard
tower, eh?

The roundhouse area is Jeremy Spurgeon's grand creation.  It is very well done.

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=550832 ... was that inspired by
JT's coal mine? nice bathtub unit coal car... I assume that's corn in the front?

Yes, this was inspired by JT's coal tipple.

Yes, that is corn from David Gregory's Amish area.

I think my favorite thing may actually be the merry go round, though

The merry go round and the double ferris wheel (which is the tallest thing on
the layout) were both done by Brian Alano and drew lots of attention from the
crowd.

Nice job, guys!

On behalf of everyone involved, thanks!!

Steve Martin