Re: IndyLUG Oct 18,19 GATS pictures
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Thu, 23 Oct 2003 03:40:07 GMT

A big Thank You goes out to Brian Darrow for posting links to our galleries (something I was just about to do... really). For everyone who’s not in IndyLUG, here are some things to note as you’re browsing through the pics:

Jeramy and David’s galleries each have 2 pages of thumbnails--be sure to see it all!

The ladies wearing all black dresses are Amish women; not a coven of witches, as one spectator suggested

Brian Darrow builds lots of big awesome stuff

We really wish LEGO would make a Scooby Doo minifig. (Actually, from the look of Shaggy’s right hand, it appears that Scooby may have bit the hand that feeds him.)

Blues Brothers still rock!

Count Dooku has some wicked mean fishing skills

Yes, those 2 bent over Amish guys ARE mooning an electric pole

Leah is a detailer extraordinaire

Don’t ask why Mark didn’t go ahead and make the topmost courthouse roof verdigris too. He had an entire other Yoda, but he just wouldn’t open it.

The Sky Dragon ride was the coolest moving thing in the layout.

Yes, that IS Cheyme’s face you see in the reflection of the drive-in theater screen

We had a Castle Land theme park, so that’s why this is cross posted to .castle too

Jeramy sometimes pretends like he’s Godzilla while he’s standing in the middle of the layout. : ) http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=552513

Yes, that IS a 1st place blue ribbon you see hanging from the white skyscraper. Our previous (and first ever) layout was 8 tables big, and we won 2nd place with that. This layout was 20 tables (20’ X 30’), and we crushed the non-ABS competition.

David “Fuzzy” Gregory