 Trains / 21258 (-10)
  Re: Stability of cars/rails?

(...) There is also one thing I forgot to mention when I made the original post...I'm not doing realtime filming. I'm doing stop-motion. Therefore the need for a wobbleless system is even greater. Also, to make it harder, I cannot trigger the camera (...) (21 years ago, 13-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: DD45m prototype CAD

Simple response: Looks good. I'd like closer looks at those CAD files (some detail can't be made out). -Tom (...) (21 years ago, 13-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains)

  DD45m prototype CAD

Just wanting a simple responce on my DD45m prototype CAD's I'm starting work in the morning on the real one... (real as in Lego) (URL) (21 years ago, 13-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Stability of cars/rails?

If you took the monorail and ran it at 4.5 volts (to slow it down), you might get a very wobble free ride..... but I haven't tested it. -Tom (...) (21 years ago, 13-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Blain's Farm & Fleet 26% off Lego

Enough trash talking. William, Lar, you have some very nice tractors, and I'm sure all the kids at your shows will have lots of fun mishandling them. You've got yours designed for maximum detail, the ERTL models are more about getting the shape with (...) (21 years ago, 13-Oct-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Blain's Farm & Fleet 26% off Lego

(...) Well I wish you'd give it another thought, because if you don't bring it out soon, I'm going to have to crib from it, mine (MTW-5001) are a lot smaller! I like it a lot and I think it's worth 50 easy. Your tractor rocks... and theirs... well, (...) (21 years ago, 13-Oct-03, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC: Schnabel car

Well, if you are going to do it, you might as well do it LARGE! I would imagine even the full scale units have certain radii curves they can't negotiate. This is just another one of those reasons we need different radii curves from TLC!!! The 12 (...) (21 years ago, 12-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Stability of cars/rails?

(...) Agreed, and I even take advantage of the wobble in MTW-1003 to good effect, however in this case the original poster is looking for a jitter free way to do circular pans with a camera, so wobble is not his friend in this application. ++Lar (21 years ago, 12-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC: Schnabel car

I failed to mention that I will probably be making a second model. It'll be a different style and the color sceme will be grey, blue, and red. I'd say the only part limitations was only because I didn't have them in my collection, not because they (...) (21 years ago, 12-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC: Schnabel car

(...) Color me jealous, this has been on my to-do list for a while, I even got as far as trying to mock up the multi-truck bridge bogies in MLCad. They get tall FAST. Why the 20 axle one, though? I'm thinking one of the other ones you can get to (...) (21 years ago, 12-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact