 Trains / 21123 (-10)
  Re: Moonbase: Starting to put up the rail standard

(...) Yeah, I'll do that. And I'll experiment with reasonably-constructed trains to see what can fit under the new connectors. Being a spacehead also heavily invested in trains, I have experience using both. (...) The NWBC layout should be huge, so (...) (21 years ago, 19-Sep-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.trains)

  United States Army Rail

You may have already stumbled upon these pages as I've been building them up the past couple of months. I've finaly got them to the state I feel they're worth a puplic announcment, so if you havn't seen them I invite you to see the state of Army (...) (21 years ago, 19-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Rolling Stock

(...) That's gorgeous. Very cool. later, James Mathis (21 years ago, 19-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Rolling Stock

Thanks, guys! (...) This is the snippet of code I used to add the picture in the background: object plane z,0 pigment imagemap jpeg "img2608.jpg" maptype 0 interpolate 2 once translate <-0.5,-0.5,0> scale 4000 rotate 180*z rotate -20*y translate (...) (21 years ago, 19-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: is it a relay or is it yet another motorized switch?

A couple corrections. 1. Just noticed I have a 2 x 4 plate on top of a 1 x 4 brick. You should probably replace these two pieces with a 2 x 4 brick or similar. The extra plate of height is unnecessary (though it doesn't hurt anything). 2. In a 5 x 7 (...) (21 years ago, 19-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.trains)

  is it a relay or is it yet another motorized switch?

Seeing the pitiful designs I've made for motorized 9v train points, my brother Chris came up with one. Put a housing over it, and people will swear it's a relay. Not too many down sides with this one. There's no getting around the 6 brick height (...) (21 years ago, 19-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Rolling Stock

Awesome stuff! How did you get the background in this (and similar) pic?: (URL) cool, the way the image refracts in the glass. -Stefan- (21 years ago, 18-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  LDCC decoder - WARNING!

The Uhlenbrock DCC decoders do not work with LDCC!!! I bought an Uhlenbrock 73500 decoder which fitted nicely into the LEGO train motor, but I discovered some problems using it: I could read the registers, but not write. I sometimes lost contact (...) (21 years ago, 18-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: lugnet.trains.dcc?

(...) Great idea! I allways do a dcc search when reading lugnet.trains anyway. :-) Thomas (21 years ago, 18-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Rolling Stock

Outstanding work! Thanks for posting the pics. The center beam car is way cool as well as the Santa Fe club car. Brian ----- Original Message ----- From: "Mark Riley" <markril@hotmail.com> To: <lugnet.trains@lugnet.com> Sent: Wednesday, September (...) (21 years ago, 18-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact