 Trains / 21118 (-20)
  is it a relay or is it yet another motorized switch?

Seeing the pitiful designs I've made for motorized 9v train points, my brother Chris came up with one. Put a housing over it, and people will swear it's a relay. Not too many down sides with this one. There's no getting around the 6 brick height (...) (21 years ago, 19-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Rolling Stock

Awesome stuff! How did you get the background in this (and similar) pic?: (URL) cool, the way the image refracts in the glass. -Stefan- (21 years ago, 18-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  LDCC decoder - WARNING!

The Uhlenbrock DCC decoders do not work with LDCC!!! I bought an Uhlenbrock 73500 decoder which fitted nicely into the LEGO train motor, but I discovered some problems using it: I could read the registers, but not write. I sometimes lost contact (...) (21 years ago, 18-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: lugnet.trains.dcc?

(...) Great idea! I allways do a dcc search when reading lugnet.trains anyway. :-) Thomas (21 years ago, 18-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Rolling Stock

Outstanding work! Thanks for posting the pics. The center beam car is way cool as well as the Santa Fe club car. Brian ----- Original Message ----- From: "Mark Riley" <markril@hotmail.com> To: <lugnet.trains@lugnet.com> Sent: Wednesday, September (...) (21 years ago, 18-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Rolling Stock

(...) Amazing & Beautiful, may have to make one or 2 to go with the train! Josh (21 years ago, 18-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  NGLTC at Flowery Branch train depot

The North Georgia LEGO Train Club (NGLTC) will be displaying in the Flowery Branch Train Depot this weekend as a part of Flowery Branch Better Home Town fall festival. The Flowery Branch Depot was built in 1901 by the Southern Railway because of the (...) (21 years ago, 18-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.ga.atl, lugnet.loc.us.ga)

  Rolling Stock

Hey All, I have some basic rolling stock MOCs I'd like to share. I've been busy trying to increase the tonnage of my fleet and these are some of the cars that can be seen rolling about. Yep, that's right, I'm not posting about something DCC this (...) (21 years ago, 17-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  The 2003 Great Edmonton Model Train Show

This Weekend! Edmonton, Alberta, Canada The Mainline Model Railroaders Fellowship is holding their annual train show this very weekend, September 20-21 2003. If you're in the neighbourhood, please drop by and check it out! It's located at the (...) (21 years ago, 17-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.loc.ca.ab, lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains) !

  Re: Moonbase: Starting to put up the rail standard

(...) This I have to agree with. If you've got a train that doesn't meet specs, well, you build space (SPACE!) for it to run. I have a 6-wide monorail (8-wide with protrusions) with a lot of overhang at the ends. There was no way it was going to run (...) (21 years ago, 17-Sep-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.trains)

  Re: motor in set 727

(...) Most of the stickers are present, only the headlights are missing. Some of the stickers almost fall off. I got my 727 in built state. To check the inventory I dismantled it, except for the parts with multi-brick stickers. I found no very new (...) (21 years ago, 17-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  4511 redesign

ive begun to redesign the 4511 set in cad. heres a pic of the "cargo" car, (URL) to come soon, im going to do the head engine now on a side note for cad, ive completed mockups, they can be seen in the render (21 years ago, 17-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Moonbase: Starting to put up the rail standard

"Xanthra47" <jmantor@nycap.rr.com> wrote in message news:HLBF8K.800@lugnet.com... (...) The platforms don't need to be on top of the wheels, you know. For example: (URL) You could park a standard corridor on yor train that way, and still easily (...) (21 years ago, 16-Sep-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.trains)

  Re: BR50 with more photorealism

In lugnet.trains, Reinhard "Ben" Beneke wrote: Snip (...) And once again a reply on a posting of myself.... I am proud to announce, the next milestone in photorealistical rendering has been reached now. After overcoming some trouble with the usage (...) (21 years ago, 16-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.loc.de, FTX)

  Re: motor in set 727

(...) Hello Niels, since set 702 has been nearly the same as 103 (which ran out in 1975), and since 727 got launched in 1977, I think it is not to probable that a 702 has been sold within that set. But TLC has often used up old "spares" in newer (...) (21 years ago, 16-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Tips&tricks on KRHT's pages.

Hi! As agreed with Knud R. H.Thomsen I post a link to his new page with Tips&tricks. (URL) find the point very creative BR Sonnich (21 years ago, 16-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains)

  motor in set 727

What motor was included in set 727 (12V Locomotive) ? Was it the 702 or 107 (but 12V) ? Peeron doesn't show pictures so I cant determine which one it is. Last saturday I got a second hand 727 with a 702 type motor. Niels (21 years ago, 16-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Moonbase: Starting to put up the rail standard

(...) This is going to be impossible to nail down until an actual layout is done at NWBrickCon (hope I spelled that right). Some modules don't have connectors on all sides. I think that someone should take track at NWBC and use it to eyeball trouble (...) (21 years ago, 16-Sep-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Moonbase: Starting to put up the rail standard

(...) That's great and all but most people don't commute to work in mining carts : P We can live with the height, I guess, but what about the width ? An eight stud wide road isn't even wide enough to get realistic cargo containers through : ( 10 (...) (21 years ago, 16-Sep-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Moonbase: Starting to put up the rail standard

(...) Agreed...I have a couple sets of train wheels...(but no motors or modern track) maybe I'll make a sample train car. --Bram (21 years ago, 16-Sep-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact