 Trains / 21078 (-20)
  Moonbase: Starting to put up the rail standard

(URL) what I have so far. I can't find a curved track part for LDraw or I'd put up an image of that too. I'd love to get some input on this from some of you Train folk considering that this should appeal to a lot of you. Hafner will be helping out (...) (21 years ago, 16-Sep-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Assistance

Pedro, I have experimented with many different mechanisms for auto-discharging hoppers, although none have been like the one you describe. I have tried ones with levers that are moved up and down as the wagon passes a trackside mechanism, and while (...) (21 years ago, 15-Sep-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pictures and report from the EUROBUSS tour.

I got some pictures from TLC, which I have uploaded. They are the last ones (URL) Jensen <sonnich@hot.ee> wrote in message news:HKApyM.ssx@lugnet.com... (...) of (...) I (...) next (...) (21 years ago, 15-Sep-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pictures of 8mm:1ft scale trains

(...) The Mk3 coaches were a bit thrown together as I needed a passenger train quickly. They date from before my first exhibition alongside other scales and gauges in October 2000. The bogies have been rebuilt several times as the trim kept falling (...) (21 years ago, 15-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: lugnet.trains.dcc?

Mark Riley wrote: > perhaps it > is time for a DCC .trains subgroup? I'm wondering if eyeballs glaze over when > DCC programming is discussed or some cringe at the wanton mutilation of pristine > Lego parts? I worry about the glazing effect, too. I (...) (21 years ago, 14-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains)

  TCS M1 decoder = good

Hi all, Well, I just thought I'd share my experience using a TCS M1 decoder. This is a neat little decoder designed for N / HO scale, and fits nicely into LEGO train motors - read about it here (URL) (21 years ago, 14-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: lugnet.trains.dcc?

(...) Well, yes, there are the motors: (2 URLs) But, why then stop there? Slice that wire: (URL) Drill those plates: (2 URLs) Saw some track: (URL) Solder a switch: (URL) Drill'em, burn'em: (URL) Mwaaahahahaha... Whoa... Ahem... It's a slippery (...) (21 years ago, 13-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: lugnet.trains.dcc?

(...) I guess I really really don't see the need for a moc group... what would be left after you take the mocs away? I don't think any other theme has separated out mocs, has it? After all isn't just about everything we do a moc? Help me understand (...) (21 years ago, 13-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: lugnet.trains.dcc?

(...) Oh, it still is. But allowances must be made, after all... a DCCized motor is a good thing that outweighs any impurity. Or does it? Gee... maybe you HAVE rubbed off on me. (21 years ago, 13-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: lugnet.trains.dcc?

well if it goes, on the same note, lugnet.trains.moc? Sort out the trains group so you can follow one subject matter? I like the thought of DCC, I'm gonna start fooling around with it after I do a test Run, & maybe a learners run on an HO model... (...) (21 years ago, 13-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: lugnet.trains.dcc?

<snip> (...) required (...) </snip> I must be rubbing off on you Lar. Before now, ANY mutilation of parts was considered sacrilegious blasphemy by you! :P Rob "Have Lego, Will Dremel" Hendrix (21 years ago, 12-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: lugnet.trains.dcc?

(...) It may make sense from a compartmentalization standpoint but has the volume been that great? I admit of bias since it's a topic of interest, but I'm not thinking it's high enough that we NEED to do this. As for mutilation of parts... ??? There (...) (21 years ago, 12-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: lugnet.trains.dcc?

(...) I think it's a great idea. I like reading .trains for the neat models, but I don't have an iota of interest in DCC programing. (I don't mind the mutilation that much.) Jason Spears | (URL) BrickCentral> | (URL) MichLUG> (21 years ago, 12-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.admin.suggestions, FTX)

  lugnet.trains.dcc?

Hi All, Just a thought: I know Lugnet likes to keep things nice and tidy... perhaps it is time for a DCC .trains subgroup? I'm wondering if eyeballs glaze over when DCC programming is discussed or some cringe at the wanton mutilation of pristine (...) (21 years ago, 12-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: leJOS & LDCC IRP

(...) Yes, this is right, to be friendly to as many implementations of the Lego IR protocol as possible, receiving programs should just mask off bit 3. (...) While the code is there to discern packets with different addresses, I haven't yet added (...) (21 years ago, 12-Sep-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java, lugnet.trains)

  Re: leJOS & LDCC IRP

(...) I'm not really there yet, just couldn't resist the Lion, Tin Man and Scarecrow metaphor. -Brian (21 years ago, 12-Sep-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java, lugnet.trains)

  Re: leJOS & LDCC IRP

(...) Receiving IR commands from a Lego Remote, IR Tower or possibly another RCX. They're not DCC signals, but LDCC IRP messages. Roughly the same data, different medium and different protocol. (...) LDCC IRP is still unstable, but it will support (...) (21 years ago, 12-Sep-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java, lugnet.trains)

  Re: leJOS & LDCC IRP

Hi, (...) I'm having a bit of difficulty to understand what you are trying to do, as I know Lejos but not the DCC/train side of things. In particular, on which side do you want to use Lejos, sending those remote commands from an RCX or from a PC? (...) (21 years ago, 12-Sep-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java, lugnet.trains)

  Re: leJOS & LDCC IRP

(...) I re-used a function to send command packets to the RCX that was designed for use with the original firmware, so it toggles the 0x08 bit of any repeated opcode bytes. Mark pointed this out to me when I was developing Full Throttle, but then he (...) (21 years ago, 12-Sep-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pictures of 8mm:1ft scale trains

(...) This has been (URL) discussed before> but I totally agree that A: Six wide is a bit too narrow to represent anywhere B: American trains need to to be wider, they are so much bigger than UK trains(with mainland Europe somewhere in between) If I (...) (21 years ago, 12-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact