 Trains / 21033
  Take Flight...on a TGV: New Poster

Jeroen has designed the layout and rendering for another train poster. Featured are 5 of my TGV train sets: View the (URL) TGV poster and all the other MOC posters>. TGV Duplex: Bi-level passenger cars. TGV Sud Est: The bold original orange livery (...) (21 years ago, 9-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Take Flight...on a TGV: New Poster

(...) Very pretty, I especially like the map for the background. Maybe it's me, but the Eurostar just doesn't look right to me. Shouldn't the roofline above the windshield slope down and right, instead of down and left? Look at the black slopes or (...) (21 years ago, 9-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Take Flight...on a TGV: New Poster

(...) The black roof above the cab of the Eurostar uses the (URL) dual-low-roof-slope 3x3, 3675.dat>. This is different from the other TGV designs. Perhaps this difference tricks your eyes? And, perhaps it is not the best LEGO(R) element design (...) (21 years ago, 9-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Take Flight...on a TGV: New Poster

(...) It almost looks like some lens effect to me... but indeed it looks a bit odd. But otherwise awesome work again by both James and Jeroen! (21 years ago, 9-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Take Flight...on a TGV: New Poster

(...) Nope, that's not it. I'm looking more at the red stripe between the yellow nose and the black roof. The right side (of the image) is higher than the left side, so it looks like the train is leaning hard into a right-hand curve. Looking at it (...) (21 years ago, 9-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Take Flight...on a TGV: New Poster

In lugnet.trains, James Mathis wrote: Kudos to the work of James and Jeroen! This train poster is again a masterpiece of your work. I am just trying to improve my knowledge on POV-ray these days - even the more I admire your brilliant works! With (...) (21 years ago, 9-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Take Flight...on a TGV: New Poster

(...) Wow that a cool poster! Makes me want to finish my MOC of a high speed train... only have one car right now:( Build on... Robin W (21 years ago, 10-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Take Flight...on a TGV: New Poster

(...) Hi John, It took me a while to realise what you meant with the comment on the Eurostar, but I took a closer look and now I see what you mean. I think the distortion comes from using a extreme wide lens for this picture. This gives it a great (...) (21 years ago, 10-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Take Flight...on a TGV: New Poster

(...) Thanks for further describing this aspect of the rendering. I had not noticed that! You've got better eyes than I do. (...) Gasp! Thanks for looking at the poster with a critical eye. And, no, you weren't (especially) strange the other day-- (...) (21 years ago, 10-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)