 Trains / 20273 (-10)
  Re: Even more Wow!! for your buck!!! was Re: Woo Hoo!!!!! (part deux...)

(...) loop divided into 2 power blocks, rather than one as in the above diagram. With 3 power blocks you can always switch the block the train is heading toward to be compatible with the block it is in so there is never a gap to cross. Once the (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jun-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Segregation is finally abandoned on the Burlington Northern

(...) I've never done any modelling apart from Lego. So these pictures are my real laypout. I started using non-lego like this when I began a round-the-room track and realised it was too impractical to build lego scenery. I use the conventional (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jun-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Segregation is finally abandoned on the Burlington Northern

(...) I'll bite... tell us more about the scenery that's used for the setting. Maybe I haven't been paying attention but this is the first time I can recall someone using conventional MR scenery for a LEGO backdrop. Is that scenery from an existing (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jun-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Segregation is finally abandoned on the Burlington Northern

Finally the "equal but separate" facilities stricture of the "jim crow" laws have been abandoned. (URL) on my Burlington Northern EMD F9 with streanliner consist all minifigs can enjow the journey together. (URL) and crits welcome. I'd like to thank (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jun-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC Streamliner Observation Car

(...) ... oh OK, don't get much chance to see Lionel stuff overe here!!! (...) Thanks for the prototype info ... Its cool to learn stuff like this ...I always thought it was aluminium ... but I guess the fad for all thing aluminium came later in the (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jun-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Even more Wow!! for your buck!!! was Re: Woo Hoo!!!!! (part deux...)

Yes, you can automate the reversing loops. In fact, using the RCX to do so should be fairly simple, except that it takes 2 of them to do it. (Just using 1 rail for now-) (rcx a)rail-gap-rail(rcx b) The two of them set the polarity the same, such (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jun-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Even more Wow!! for your buck!!! was Re: Woo Hoo!!!!! (part deux...)

(...) Urp, in the below, when i posted it before, none of the urls are clickable! Sorry about that. And "snip" inside angle brackets IS clickable.... I'm confused. XFUT admin.nntp... (21 years ago, 2-Jun-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains, lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Even more Wow!! for your buck!!! was Re: Woo Hoo!!!!! (part deux...)

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, David Koudys wrote: <snip> Regarding reverse loops and DCC I seem to recall that it's possible to automate them so you don't have to cut gaps that the motor has to coast across See this track diagram (URL) consider what (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jun-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Even more Wow!! for your buck!!! was Re: Woo Hoo!!!!! (part deux...)

So a few friends gather--talk of DCC comes up. Well, I just happen to have a DCC compiled RCX in my dufflebag and 3 converted LEGO motors (with engines that look remarkably similar to mine--oh wait, they were mine...) So we set up an impromtu layout (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jun-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Vose Inspection Car MOC

well guys, Thanks to a recent sale at target.com I have my first train parts to work with. Here is my first MOC, the Vose Inspection Car. (URL) I found it at the following website while looking for a steam engine that was from my part of the country (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jun-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact