 Trains / 2020
    Remote switching points —Christian Holtje
   Has anyone tried to automate a point by directly laying a worm (screw) gear on the grey plastic (removing the yellow switch handle)? It seems that that'd work well. I suppose that you'd have to worry about stopping, but if they are switched via a (...) (25 years ago, 27-Aug-99, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Remote switching points —Ed McGlynn
     (...) *snip* Christian - You're on the right track (pun) here...my best results for a remotely automated point were to implement a system similar to what you described. I used a 1x6? black technic linking plate to do this - that's the kind with (...) (25 years ago, 27-Aug-99, to lugnet.trains)

         Re: Remote switching points —Christian Holtje
     (...) Pictures of some sort would help. I think it should be a web page. If you send me the pieces (pics, and the above text, maybe the rcx proggie), I'll put together a page for it on (URL) lego.gerf.org is not functional yet. I plan on adding a (...) (25 years ago, 27-Aug-99, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Remote switching points —Bryan Kinkel
   It really is a shame that Lego no longer makes all the nifty automated light, switch and crossing components. I first saw these in the 1980 European catalog ((URL) , which I still have :). My mom brought it over from a trip to Germany. I was stunned (...) (25 years ago, 27-Aug-99, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Remote switching points —Ludo Soete
   (...) Hi Brian, interested in an remote controlled point ??? visit my home page and go to the section 'Trains & Cars & ...' (URL) Frankly, the fact that all these cool features that existed for the 12v (...) (25 years ago, 28-Aug-99, to lugnet.trains)