 Trains / 20183 (-5)
  Re: DCC for the RCX

(...) Resistors work fine due to the relative difference in cost. The accessory outputs of the earlier decoders are 100ma or so @28V or less, so at most you are dealing with 2.8 w loss (or 100 ma current draw). In order to drop from 14V to 9V, you (...) (21 years ago, 29-May-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: DCC for the RCX

(...) I don't install them either, and I have done something like 30 motors so far. (...) True, but ONLY if you are just going to use the RCX as a output. You can dial the voltage that DB100's (and most other Digitrax) boosters put out to a exact (...) (21 years ago, 29-May-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.trains)

  Re: BR50 now done as ML-CAD drawing and rendered....

(...) Dear Mattias, thanks for your kind words on my MOCs and their renderings. I think with help of the Windows based programs like L3GO it is really no big deal to work with Pov Ray. Once one has spent so much time into the drawing of a CAD-Model, (...) (21 years ago, 29-May-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: DCC for the RCX

(...) output? Dave, I used a 1N4002. It's a fairly common 1 amp switching diode. Here's a picture from my latest decoder install: (URL) that the banded end of the diode gets the blue lead from the decoder. The unbanded end gets the white lead. If (...) (21 years ago, 28-May-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.trains)

  Re: DCC for the RCX

In lugnet.robotics.rcx, Mark Riley wrote: <snip> (...) Mucho appreciated Mark. The Diode--any diode will do? and just solder it across the connector output? Take care, Dave (21 years ago, 28-May-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact