 Trains / 19588 (-10)
  Re: 0-4-0 Switcher

(...) That's good to know - I have no problem switching (ha ha) the wheelsets out for the accurate style - once I get some more of the standard train wheels! I'm tapped flush out :( -s (22 years ago, 27-Mar-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 0-4-0 Switcher

(...) Ya, yard goats are almost as cute as Critters. This switcher (or one very like it) is extremely well known among old time model railroaders because there were so many copies of an HO model of it sold in the 40s, 50s and 60s... You've captured (...) (22 years ago, 27-Mar-03, to lugnet.trains)

  0-4-0 Switcher

Hi peoples, I had an extra train motor lying around, so: (URL) a model of a Pennsylvania Railroad Class A5 0-4-0 Switcher with slopeback tender. In grabbing that information, I found that it was also referred to as a "Yard Goat". I *love* that (...) (22 years ago, 27-Mar-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc) !

  Re: New Train Fan

(...) Great story! Thanks for sharing. (22 years ago, 27-Mar-03, to lugnet.trains)

  New Train Fan

Last year around October I posted a message asking for help identifying the best train set on the market for a newbie. You may remember these polls: (URL) was trying to get a good idea of what to purchase as a Christmas present for my father. I had (...) (22 years ago, 27-Mar-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Origin of these printed bricks! + further 60ies train riddels

(...) These came with 4.5 volt trains. I have 4 that go with a 4.5 volt train motor. (...) These came with 12 volt trains. I have many of these. Bruce (22 years ago, 26-Mar-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Delurk with MOC's

There was a discussion of microstriping last August with several different ideas: (URL) locomotive is a great implementation of the idea. Great color scheme, too. I had a laugh at this picture: (URL) a polar bear stole my hot dogs, I think I'd just (...) (22 years ago, 26-Mar-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Delurk with MOC's

Sorry about that, I obviously meant 'micro-striping was' in my previous post :) Kim (...) (22 years ago, 26-Mar-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Delurk with MOC's

Mike, The first place I saw the micro-sriping whas on one of Steve Barile's engines. I don't recall which one however. It does have a very nice effect. But its hard to hide the ends of the hinges isn't it? Kim PNLTC (...) (22 years ago, 26-Mar-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Origin of these printed bricks! + further 60ies train riddels

(...) Hi Scott + Bif, yes, those bricks are definitely from set 113. Thanks for quoting mmy homepage! I hope it needs a cup of coffee not because of a lame server connection, but because of the huge amount of information and pictures... Right now I (...) (22 years ago, 26-Mar-03, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact