 Trains / 19526
  Re: Narrow Gauge Steam Critter in Dark Blue

(...) Well, if you really feel the need to impress Larry for some strange reason, you could always try to fit a red micro-motor into a freight car of some sort. I had a four-wide "critter" locomotive with a micro-motor in it. Ran fine, but (...) (22 years ago, 18-Mar-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Narrow Gauge Steam Critter in Dark Blue

  Re: Narrow Gauge Steam Critter in Dark Blue

(...) I was thinking that too, though as I said I've run out of 1x3 buffers. (...) I don't have any curves, but it wouldn't work exactly right. If you think of a 90° corner that goes up and turns right to form an 'r'. Move the inner rail two studs (...) (22 years ago, 18-Mar-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Narrow Gauge Steam Critter in Dark Blue

(...) Rob, the last thing I dream of is diesels... Jason R (22 years ago, 18-Mar-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Narrow Gauge Steam Critter in Dark Blue

(...) I've thought of that problem, too. I *think* it could be solved by building a figure-8 track. The outter tracks on each curve would be longer than the inner tracks, but by having them opposite they would cancel each other out. OK, time to dig (...) (22 years ago, 18-Mar-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Narrow Gauge Steam Critter in Dark Blue

(...) That wouldn't work on its own. Firstly you'd need a bridge, since a regular crossing wouldn't be any use. Secondly, there's no way you could keep the tracks 2 studs apart around a 270° arc without lengthening the inner rail somewhere. Even a (...) (22 years ago, 18-Mar-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Narrow Gauge Steam Critter in Dark Blue

(...) it (...) Not to mention the relative radii of the short & long rails would be wrong, so you'd end up with the rails wider apart at each joint than in the middle. This may not be enough to make it unusable, however, depending what wheels you (...) (22 years ago, 18-Mar-03, to lugnet.trains)