 Trains / 19416
  Re: Train company logos

(...) The CN Maple Leaf logo (pre wet noodle) is a fine logo to use but technically not a fallen flag. Ditto the CP Beaver (pre black pie wedge). (...) Many of those are due to J2. You need to contact him. Work out what theme or themes you're (...) (22 years ago, 28-Feb-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train company logos

In lugnet.trains, Larry Pieniazek writes: <snip> (...) Thanks for the heads up! Useful link and wonderful logos! More inspiration. Dave K (22 years ago, 28-Feb-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train company logos

(...) So are you saying that the non-John logos are sub-par compaired to the ones John did? ;) jt (22 years ago, 28-Feb-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train company logos

(...) Au contrare, JT! In fact, I credit *you* for the whole idea of adopting a fallen flag as an LTC logo as you first did with the Southern Railroad logo for the North Georgia LEGO Train Club. I remember thinking what a cool idea it was and I ran (...) (22 years ago, 28-Feb-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train company logos

(...) Actually PNLTC was first to publicly change thier logo to a FF as I remember, we (NGLTC) where working on the SR version for ourselves. They beat us to the punch. jt (...) (22 years ago, 28-Feb-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train company logos

(...) Hmmm. Their first logo wasn't based on a FF as far as I know. I'm pretty sure that yours and the GMLTC's predate their Spokane, Portland, and Seattle one. Why did you guys choose to use a FF? JOHN (22 years ago, 28-Feb-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train company logos

We used the Spokane, Portland and Seattle Railway (URL) we still don't have any Spokkaner's in the club :( SteveB (...) (22 years ago, 28-Feb-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train company logos

(...) Yeah, but not initially-- when did you switch? JOHN (22 years ago, 28-Feb-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train company logos

I think late 1999. I think Jeremy Rear had the idea of using this fallen flag. SteveB (...) (22 years ago, 28-Feb-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train company logos

(...) If I actually said that, think of what it would do to John's head. So no I am not saying that. Connecting the dots is left as an exercise to the reader. Certainly there are a few non fallen flag logos in the bunch that are nice enough indeed, (...) (22 years ago, 28-Feb-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Origin of the Fallen Flag idea for LTC logos (wasRe: Train company logos

(...) Uh, must have been an implanted memory... (...) Okay, in a shocking display of amnesic modesty, *I* was the first to create a FF logo for an LTC (GMLTC). I don't remember how I came up with the idea-- I thought I had gotten it from JT, but the (...) (22 years ago, 1-Mar-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Origin of the Fallen Flag idea for LTC logos (wasRe: Train company logos

(...) Ya, the rivet counters would, anyway. (not that there's anything wrong with that!) (22 years ago, 1-Mar-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Origin of the Fallen Flag idea for LTC logos (wasRe: Train company logos

It would be nice to have the origins of the LTCs written. I find myself telling the tale of how "it all started" when I'm visiting other clubs etc. Like our ancestors way back in the verbal history days. Reminds me of the scene in the last MAD MAX (...) (22 years ago, 1-Mar-03, to lugnet.trains)