 Trains / 1917
Re: Invitation to my new train site
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.build
Date:
Sun, 15 Aug 1999 03:08:08 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Christopher Masi writes:
Nice work. That is a very simple solution to the decoupling problem. Most
other attempts (add this is what I was thinking of doing) pry the cars apart.
Does your decoupler work reliably even with lightweight cars; for example,
empty flat bed cars?

Christopher
P.S. Simple as in elegant.

Thanks. I love elegant solutions too. Yes, it works -exceedingly- reliably on
every car I've tried, from the lightest (two wheelsets and a plate), to my
heaviest loco. The more I use it, the more pleased I am with it. If anyone else
builds one using my design, let me know how you like it.)

In lugnet.trains, David VinZant writes:
Just some friendly advise, It would be a good idea to capitlize the word LEGO
on your site. I also hope that you capitlized the word LEGO in your letter you
sent.

Dave

No, actually. I didn't think they'd get snotty about it, as long as I'm
capitalizing it. Perhaps they'll remind me that they'd prefer I put the (TM)
after it. I didn't get a nasty letter from them when I wrote. (Come to think of
it, I'm not sure I even got a form letter from them when I wrote. Hmm.)

Thanks to all who visited (160 in two days -- cool.), and especially to those
who commented and complimented!

Rick Clark
jrclark@nospam.aol.com
http://members.xoom.com/jrickclark/