 Trains / 19038 (-20)
  Pickup wheels?

I've read some of the requests and polls about new train stuff. I haven't been reading this group for long, but one thing I haven't seen much discussion of are (non-motor) electrical pickup wheels? Has anyone heard of any plans by TLC to make such a (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My first instructions online

(...) Rob, I like it! I wouldn't change a thing. Kevin (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jan-03, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.trains)

  My first instructions online

I posted my first set of instructions to get the feel of all this great software you gurus are coming up with. It is an end of line bumper for the end of a train track. Feedback is welcome whether good, bad, or ugly! (URL) on the "Creations" (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jan-03, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.trains)

  Re: DCC and the future

(...) I may have found a DCC dealer website that will be willing to do this work. The prices for their DCC equipment seem very reasonable. and they even do installations of equipment that they didn't sell although at a slighter higher price. I (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Copenhagen Metro subway station!

Great model, Esben. A pitty that you have to tear it down so quickly. Would you not like to build something and show it for real at the next European meeting of LEGO fans? See how much fun we had: (URL) friendly greetings, M. Moolhuysen. (22 years ago, 16-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Tri-axle v2

(...) [snip] A very fine example of your own MOC progression and valuable input from web-peers fused together. What a dramatic improvement already. This model is absolutely beautifull! With friendly greetings, M. Moolhuysen. (22 years ago, 16-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Tri-axle v2

(...) pictures of the next upgrade you have described. And of course I like to see it with a break cab next. Kind regards, Ben (22 years ago, 16-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LUCNY@GATS in Syracuse this past weekend

(...) inspiration. I like your version! I like how the roof goes higher then mine. I am curious how you executed the overhang? I can't really tell in the pics but it looks like your roof overhangs 2 studs? In mine I overhanged 3 studs, brown plates (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.trains)

  fallen flag heralds

While we're posting resources, this one (linked from the Engine Shop) seems a good spot to start when looking for fallen flags for club logos (URL) all the names are right and most of the images are B&W but it's still useful having many collected (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Found Webpage of Engine types and Grapical Rep.

(...) I've went ahead and added it to the sidebar (under Non Lego Train Sites)... I agree with Steve, it's a great resource! (22 years ago, 15-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Found Webpage of Engine types and Grapical Rep.

Wow, what a gold mine! Gives a great quik glance of color schemes. SteveB (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Found Webpage of Engine types and Grapical Rep.

I found this web page called The Engine Shop It has what looks like to be a good representation of all makes and models. (URL) Reynolds (22 years ago, 15-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Progress with DCC and PC

(...) A Belgian person named Ludo Soete has a part of his homepages devoted to DCC, it's in English language. Go to: (URL) and click on link DCC. With friendly greetings, M. Moolhuysen. (22 years ago, 15-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Tri-axle v2

This latest version incorperates some of CAL's ideas and some things that James Mathis sugessted. Acutally, this photo is even old now. I removed the lowest plate that kept the bogie 1/2 plate below the green 1/4 rnds's and the bogies now rest (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: More Syracuse GATS show pics are online

(...) Joe, Yes you are right the Ambulance and Fire Engine are indeed modeled after FDNY units. However the design I followed was first done by Sean Kenney. See here for his designs: (URL) elongated the ambulance and changed a few details on the (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Progress with DCC and PC

(...) OK- lets see if I can answer some of your questions: As far as buying, there are 2 real choices- an expandable system (Digitrax/Wangrove/CVP/Lentz) or a simple system (MRC comes to mind) Amps of decoder: 1 Amp decoder is what I would suggest. (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: B&O V-2 Hudson Steam Engine

(...) Just a bit of advice from the peanut gallary- I'd run a track voltage connecting wire between the 2 motors if it is possible. I'm up to 4 (or 5) different ways of wiring the motors for DCC. Some with the track-connector still, some with a (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: More Syracuse GATS show pics are online

In lugnet.org.us.lucny, Kevin Salm writes: Snipped... (...) Kevin, Those are great pics of the layout! The models are excellent and it looks like you guys had a great time. As for the Fire Dept., I especially like the detail on the engine and the (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.trains)

  Re: LUCNY@GATS in Syracuse this past weekend

Snip (...) switchyard until it required 4 people to set it up and I still think it should have been bigger! I'm glad to hear it's not only us with that problem... Beautiful layout!! Robert Powell SCLTC (22 years ago, 15-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.trains)

  More Syracuse GATS show pics are online

Ed McGlynn posted some pics at Brickshelf of LUCNY's recent GATS show. Note that the images are a bit large and may take time to download --> (URL) galleries that have just made it through moderation are here --> (URL) while Wayne Sardullo did not (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact