 Trains / 18663 (-20)
  DCC and the future

One of the reasons I haven't taken on converting my Lego trains to DCC is because I have this hope (faint though it is) that TLC will come out with a DCC solution. If they did, what would the level of compatibility be with the current crop of (...) (22 years ago, 16-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

  German BR211 LDRAW files and instructions done

Well I promised these LONG ago, but only just got around to finishing them. They're up now at (URL) under the BR211 menu entry. (22 years ago, 15-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Basic Train Electrical Questions

I wrote an artive on powersupplies some time ago. Find it on www.hot.ee/sonnich/lego/ under modifications. There are link to 2 other pages describing that, electrical details and power changes. BR Sonnich Frank Filz <ffilz@mindspring.com> wrote in (...) (22 years ago, 14-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Basic Train Electrical Questions

(...) Frank, I'm cross-posting this to .faq. That's the best way to bring to my attention something that needs to be added. Thanks Cary (...) (22 years ago, 14-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Basic Train Electrical Questions

(...) Might add these indeed.... (...) But they will run slower than normal and with less power. Which isn't surprising since the 7VA limit is quite low. One motor uses 250 mA according to LEGO Train depot website. Two motors = 0.5 Amps => 4.5VA on (...) (22 years ago, 14-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Basic Train Electrical Questions

Do we have the answers to these in the FAQs? This question comes up alot... (...) Hmm, I haven't done pull tests, but we've successefully run at least 4 motors on a single controller without overheating. (...) I'm not sure using a larger wall wart (...) (22 years ago, 14-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Some more mutilation concepts

Very cool idea. I would love to see some ABS examples! (22 years ago, 13-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.arch)

  Some more mutilation concepts

The Brick-brick mutilation is based on a repetitive masonry pattern on the side of a 1x4 brick. The 1x4's can either be staggered (crossing lines when stacked) or vertically stacked. If staggered then a 1x2 is needed as well for the ends. Also if (...) (22 years ago, 13-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.arch)

  Re: SCLTC Closes Out 2002 Display at the SDMRRM

If you are in Southern California and can make it to Balboa Park in San Diego, be sure to check out the SCLTC Layout at the San Diego Model RailRoad Museum. It's on public display for another 2 weeks, we've had to change our teardown date due to (...) (22 years ago, 13-Dec-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  99.9% Lego solution to remote switch ( aka points) control!

There are lots of good ideas out there for remoting the 9V train points so here is mine to add to the list: Attach a short length of string to the movable points bit and run the string out through a hole in the rail, attach the string to the shaft (...) (22 years ago, 13-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Basic Train Electrical Questions

(...) Beginner. I have ~500 sq foot for Lego, and it goes through another 100 or so to gain elevation...It covers 2.5 layers in the space, with a large staging yard made of 4.5V track to store excess stock. Seriously, it depends on how much you (...) (22 years ago, 12-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Basic Train Electrical Questions

(...) 2 is the max with the default powersupply. (...) Won't harm the engines, but possibly damages the controllers. Not recommended. Better is to replace the wall outlet power supply by a heavier one, the controller can handle a larger amount of (...) (22 years ago, 12-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Basic Train Electrical Questions

Hi All, I've had a HUGE town display with train, monorail, etc.; but am now curious about some issues. For instance... How many motorized engines can be hooked together to maximize power, but not over-burden the controller? Can you hook up more than (...) (22 years ago, 12-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Cool Idea

I have to agree with Larry, in that the "charm" of the swap is the physical containers as well as the stickers, and knowing that the container itself traveled a great distance to be included in the layout. Plus I like getting stuff in the mail, even (...) (22 years ago, 11-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Target My Own Trains Clearance

I posted this to market.shopping this morning but I didn't think to cross post it here: (URL) about that. Matt (22 years ago, 11-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Cool Idea

(...) Steve, you are one wild and crazy guy (bet you never heard *that* before!;-) I have all of the images, so it would be simpler for all if I just beamed them to you (with some extras that nobody else got in the swap). Contact me off-line. -John (22 years ago, 11-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Cool Idea

(...) Not all the stickers are a single image but this nevertheless seems a good idea. Thanks for offering! However a lot of the charm here is that each group had a different spin on how exactly they built their container. All the containers look (...) (22 years ago, 11-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Cool Idea

(...) Actually, we are doing a layout (Indianapolis GATS show in January) and it has a container yard. I think Thomas is asking whether or not we can do all the nifty container logos that the NELUG guys have done, but I'm not sure. Thomas? If you (...) (22 years ago, 11-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  NELUG at First annual Sleigh Bell Festival / Festival of Trees in Boston MA

Followups to org.us.nelug NELUG participated in the first annual Sleigh Bell Festival in Boston Massachusetts from 12/06/02 - 12/08/02. This event included a Festival of Trees to benefit The National Kidney Foundation and in particular children with (...) (22 years ago, 11-Dec-02, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.events, lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: Video of Our Caboose Ride

(...) It's great to see your club interacting with 'The Big Stuff'. Not only are trains my hobby...they're also my life too (since last January) when I hired out with CSX as a trainman. It's an awesome responsibility, but it's also much fun too. (...) (22 years ago, 11-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact